Student Placement - Clinical Operations Manager Administration Support
Who we are…?
For more than a century, our organisation has been inventing for life, bringing forward medicines and vaccines for many of the world's most challenging diseases. Today, our organisation continues to be at the forefront of research to deliver innovative health solutions and advance the prevention and treatment of diseases that threaten people and animals around the world.
We are officially certified by the Top Employer Institute and been awarded the exclusive Top Employer United Kingdom Certification for the fourth year running.
We are a research-driven biopharmaceutical company. Our mission is built on the simple premise that if we “follow the science” and that great medicines can make a significant impact to our world. And we believe that a research-driven enterprise dedicated to world-class science can succeed by inventing medicine and vaccine innovations that make a difference for patients across the globe.
Our Clinical Research and Pharmacovigilance team push the boundaries of global healthcare through research and innovation. Through clinical trials and surveillance, we ensure the safety and efficacy of our existing and pipeline products to produce safe, effective, innovative medicine.
As part of the Clinical Research department, you will work closely with the clinical operations team, providing support to obtain regulatory and ethics approvals for our company’s clinical research programs in the UK and Ireland and assisting with the financial aspects of new and ongoing clinical trials.
Throughout your twelve months here, you will be given the opportunity to gain a full insight into the policies and practices of a Clinical Research Department within a global company. Working in a professional and friendly environment, you will work across therapeutic areas and support the members of that team whilst developing your knowledge and practical skills in setting up and working on clinical trials. The placement is predominantly office based, but experiences will include occasional field visits with our study teams and training on clinical systems.
- Work on assigned project(s) under supervision
- Learn about all phases of a clinical study in theory and in practice
- Assist the study team in their daily activities
- Understand, develop and manage study documents relating to regulatory and ethics submissions
- Generate study budgets and review payments
- You will be looking to complete a 12-month placement in your third or penultimate year of study, returning to your course at the end of the placement
- Studying a degree in Biomedical Sciences, Pharmaceutical Sciences or a related discipline
- Studied A-Levels in Biology and Chemistry (or equivalent qualification)
Qualities we look for
- Operates with a high level of integrity, transparency and accountability
- Comprehends and aligns with our organisation’s core values
- Aligns and fosters a culture of diversity and inclusivity
- Demonstrates initiative, proactivity and academic curiosity
- Encourages and boosts their colleagues through teamwork
- Demonstrates clear and effective communication
- Demonstrates a desire to learn and improve their performance through feedback