Student Placement - Clinical Trial Co-Ordinator / Clinical Research Associate
Who we are…?
For more than a century, our organisation has been inventing for life, bringing forward medicines and vaccines for many of the world's most challenging diseases. Today, our organisation continues to be at the forefront of research to deliver innovative health solutions and advance the prevention and treatment of diseases that threaten people and animals around the world.
We are officially certified by the Top Employer Institute and been awarded the exclusive Top Employer United Kingdom Certification for the fourth year running.
We are a research-driven biopharmaceutical company. Our mission is built on the simple premise that if we “follow the science” and that great medicines can make a significant impact to our world. And we believe that a research-driven enterprise dedicated to world-class science can succeed by inventing medicine and vaccine innovations that make a difference for patients across the globe.
Our Clinical Research and Pharmacovigilance team push the boundaries of global healthcare through research and innovation. Through clinical trials and surveillance, we ensure the safety and efficacy of our existing and pipeline products to produce safe, effective, innovative medicine.
As part of the Clinical Research team, you will work in a split role as both a Trainee Clinical Trial Co-Ordinator and a Trainee Clinical Research Associate:
Providing office-based support to the UK and Irish team that works on our company clinical research programs
Conducting field visits at trial sites based in the UK and Ireland under supervision
Throughout your twelve months here, you will be given the opportunity to gain a full insight into the policies and practices of a Clinical Research Department within a global company. Working in a professional and friendly environment, you will be assigned to a therapeutic area and support the members of that team whilst developing your knowledge and practical skills in setting up and working on clinical trials. Experiences will include field visits with our study teams at all stages of a clinical trial and training on the clinical systems.
- Work on assigned project(s) under supervision
- Field visits with the study team on all stages of a clinical trial
- Learn about all phases of a clinical study in theory and in practice
- Assist the study team in their daily activities
- You will be looking to complete a 12-month placement in your third or penultimate year of study, returning to your course at the end of the placement
- Studying a degree in Biomedical Sciences, Pharmaceutical Sciences or a related discipline
- Studied A-Levels in Biology and Chemistry (or equivalent qualification)
Qualities we look for
- Operates with a high level of integrity, transparency and accountability
- Comprehends and aligns with our organisation’s core values
- Aligns and fosters a culture of diversity and inclusivity
- Demonstrates initiative, proactivity and academic curiosity
- Encourages and boosts their colleagues through teamwork
- Demonstrates clear and effective communication
- Demonstrates a desire to learn and improve their performance through feedback