Student Placement - Global Workplace Enterprise Services
Apply by: 30.11.2021
Who we are…?
For more than a century, our organisation has been inventing for life, bringing forward medicines and vaccines for many of the world's most challenging diseases. Today, our organisation continues to be at the forefront of research to deliver innovative health solutions and advance the prevention and treatment of diseases that threaten people and animals around the world.
We are officially certified by the Top Employer Institute and been awarded the exclusive Top Employer United Kingdom Certification for the fourth year running.
Working within Global Workplace Enterprise Solutions (GWES), you will help support critical functions within our organization and drive progress towards saving and improving patients’ lives. GWES delivers key services and modern, flexible, safe workplaces to enhance the experience working at MSD. Our workspaces enable collaboration and productivity, so that our people can be inspired and invent for the future. Outside of our organisation we also ensure we protect the people around us, communities and the environment. We work in partnership with the other support functions, which include Human Resources, Finance, Information Technology, Legal, Procurement, Administration, Facilities and Security.
This is an opportunity to join our dedicated and talented GWES team for a 12-month student internship. You will be based at our Moorgate site in the heart of London, a thriving diverse & metropolitan city. You will be involved in a wide range of activities across several support functions, which will help build a strong foundation for success in your future.
- Work closely with and support both the UK facilities lead and the regional Project Management Office (PMO) analyst, as part of the Europe, Middle East & Africa (EMEA) regional GWES team, to ensure consistent high-quality services are delivered and regional projects are accurately tracked and managed.
- Under the supervision of the UK facilities lead, assist with the design, development and implementation of tools and business processes to enable the Integrated Facilities Management (IFM) Program to realise the expected outcomes and benefits; audit performance and practices of the IFM service providers and drive continuous improvement
- Support the PMO team in developing and improving business tools & processes, to ensure successful project delivery across the region
- There will be additional opportunities during the internship to shadow and work with other GWES functions such as operations, finance, real estate and maintenance excellence.
- You will be looking to complete a 12-month student internship in your third or penultimate year of study, returning to your course at the end of the internship
- Studying towards a degree (or equivalent qualification)
- Demonstrates an interest in technology and innovation
- Demonstrates organisational and project management skills
- Demonstrates analytical ability
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft packages (e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
Qualities we look for
- Operates with a high level of integrity, transparency and accountability
- Comprehends and aligns with our organisation’s core values
- Aligns with and fosters a culture of diversity and inclusivity
- Demonstrates initiative, proactivity and academic curiosity
- Encourages and boosts their colleagues through teamwork
- Demonstrates clear and effective communication
- Demonstrates a desire to learn and improve their performance through feedback
- A self-starter who can work independently