Student Placement - IT Service Desk Analyst (London Based)
This role will be based in our brand new, state-of-the-art co-working facilities in Moorgate, London. This site, at the heart of London provides fantastic amenities, support services and collaborative workspaces with convenient transport links.
Who we are…?
For more than a century, our organisation has been inventing for life, bringing forward medicines and vaccines for many of the world's most challenging diseases. Today, our organisation continues to be at the forefront of research to deliver innovative health solutions and advance the prevention and treatment of diseases that threaten people and animals around the world.
We are officially certified by the Top Employer Institute and been awarded the exclusive Top Employer United Kingdom Certification for the fourth year running.
Our Support Functions deliver services and makes recommendations about ways to enhance our workplace and the experience of working at our organization. Our Support Functions include HR, Finance, Information Technology, Legal, Procurement, Administration, Facilities and Security.
Our IT team operates as a business partner proposing ideas and innovative solutions that enable new organizational capabilities. We collaborate internationally to deliver the services and solutions that help everyone to be more productive and enable innovation.
Working in a professional and friendly environment, will provide you the opportunity to gain practical experience in an IT Service Desk Analyst (Infrastructure) role and will help build a strong foundation for success in your future. Throughout your twelve-month placement, you will be provided with the opportunity to support, develop and improve our Infrastructure systems and processes and will have the opportunities to travel to other sites.
Resolve and Manage IT Assistance Requests:
- Management and resolution of helpdesk cases logged by users across site
- Be able to devise technical and creative solutions to user issues
- Prepare detailed notes and reports for users through the steps they can take to resolve software and hardware issues
- Be able to set priorities when handling multiple cases
Involvement in key projects for continuous improvement of computing and network technologies on site:
- Development of new business systems to meet business specifications, project timescales and users’ expectations
- Provide technical expertise to implement and integrate new and existing systems and technologies
- Opportunity to work in an Agile environment to deliver business demands and drive business value
- Opportunity to manage and deliver your own projects with guidance from your mentor
Maintain compliance to our Company’s Corporate and Regulatory guidelines for IT systems:
- Ensuring all necessary training is completed and documented successfully
- Maintain detailed records of user issues with software and hardware
- Production of accompanying documentation for the implementation of new systems
- Adherence to our Company’s Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) in everything you do
- You will be looking to complete a 12-month placement in your third or penultimate year of study, returning to your course at the end of the placement
- Studying towards a degree (or equivalent qualification)
- Excellent computer skills
- Displays attention to detail and the ability to deliver to deadlines
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office 2016 (e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Excellent communication skills and a positive attitude towards Customer Service
Qualities we look for
- Operates with a high level of integrity, transparency and accountability
- Comprehends and aligns with our organization’s core values
- Aligns and fosters a culture of diversity and inclusivity
- Demonstrates initiative, proactivity and academic curiosity
- Encourages and boosts their colleagues through teamwork
- Demonstrates clear and effective communication
- Demonstrates a desire to learn and improve their performance through feedback