This role will be based in our brand new, state-of-the-art co-working facilities in Moorgate, London. This site, at the heart of London provides fantastic amenities, support services and collaborative workspaces with convenient transport links.
Who we are…?
For more than a century, our organisation has been inventing for life, bringing forward medicines and vaccines for many of the world's most challenging diseases. Today, our organisation continues to be at the forefront of research to deliver innovative health solutions and advance the prevention and treatment of diseases that threaten people and animals around the world.
We are officially certified by the Top Employer Institute and been awarded the exclusive Top Employer United Kingdom Certification for the fourth year running.
We are a research-driven biopharmaceutical company. Our mission is built on the simple premise that if we “follow the science” and that great medicines can make a significant impact to our world. And we believe that a research-driven enterprise dedicated to world-class science can succeed by inventing medicine and vaccine innovations that make a difference for patients across the globe.
Our Medical Affairs team engages with industry leaders and medical experts to share the scientific value of our current and pipeline products. We connect, communicate and train internal employees to ensure we all understand the science behind our medicine.
- Project management assistant for Medical Affairs projects- e.g. advisory boards, medical education meetings and activities, work with Patient or Healthcare organisations, Pre-licence-Patient-Access, as deemed appropriate by therapy area and your manager
- Participates in the development of the Medical Affairs Plans (MAPs) and helps to implement tactics identified in the MAP that align with the Company’s therapeutic areas of interest
- Closely works with the therapy area Medical Advisor to co-ordinate the yearly Scientific Data gap analysis workshops and contributes towards any plans to address identified data gaps
- Works alongside our team in the delivery of regular medical affairs team meetings and educational sessions
- Project management assistant for Local Data Generation Studies and Investigator Initiated Studies
- Develops an understanding of our organisation’s products and the disease areas
- Aids in developing responses to medical information requests from healthcare professionals
- Assists in the generation of reports and metrics on medical information quires, product quality complaints and adverse incidence reporting
- Maintain compliance with all statutory requirements, internal processes and procedures for Pharmacovigilance
- Works with wider cross functional teams on digital and social media innovation projects, internal training and communications management
- Identifies systems or process improvements to enable the department to run efficiently
- Participates in communication of Medical Affairs activities across the teams and the wider UK business
- Helps maintain the internal medical SharePoint
Offers Experience on:
- Developing your knowledge of the pharmaceutical industry, medical affairs and the corporate world
- Cross collaborating with various teams across the business, building strong team working, communication and presentation skills and confidence
- Opportunities to take part in ‘stretch’ assignments and projects to enhance personal development goals across the business
- You will be looking to complete a 12-month placement in your third or penultimate year of study, returning to your course at the end of the placement
- Studying a biomedical, science, or social science degree (or equivalent qualification)
- Evidence of interest in healthcare sciences
Qualities we look for
- Operates with a high level of integrity, transparency and accountability
- Comprehends and aligns with our organisation’s core values
- Aligns and fosters a culture of diversity and inclusivity
- Demonstrates initiative, proactivity and academic curiosity
- Encourages and boosts their colleagues through teamwork
- Demonstrates clear and effective communication
- Demonstrates a desire to learn and improve their performance through feedback