South East + 1
Who we are…?
For more than a century, our organisation has been inventing for life, bringing forward medicines and vaccines for many of the world's most challenging diseases. Today, our organisation continues to be at the forefront of research to deliver innovative health solutions and advance the prevention and treatment of diseases that threaten people and animals around the world.
We are officially certified by the Top Employer Institute and been awarded the exclusive Top Employer United Kingdom Certification for the fourth year running.
Our Animal Health division is a trusted global leader in veterinary medicine, dedicated to the health and well-being of animals. We are a global team of professionals working together to make a positive difference in animal care and the world’s food supply and have a deep sense of responsibility towards our customers, consumers, animals, society and our planet. We offer one of our industry’s most innovative portfolio of products, services and technologies that serve to prevent, treat, and control diseases across all major farm and companion animal species.
Our Manufacturing Operations teams are the people that make our products. We work in the manufacturing plants with a “Safety First, Quality Always” mindset striving for continuous improvement. We work in the local plant connected to our global manufacturing network to ensure the highest quality of raw materials, intermediates and finished products.
Our Quality Assurance team ensures every single material inside our products is manufactured, processed, tested, packaged, stored and distributed aligned with our incredibly high standards of quality and meets all regulatory requirements. Partnering across our internal manufacturing facilities, external contract manufacturers and suppliers we create an interdependent global manufacturing network committed to deliver a compliant, reliable supply to customers and patients on time, every time, across the globe.
Provide day to day assistance for the Quality Assurance team as well as involvement in support of specific Quality Assurance improvement projects.
- To make sure all batch related records are reviewed and approved in a timely manner, including the review of any deviations relating to that record.
- Communicating with departments with regards to the status of batch documentation.
- Assist in Production Departments
- Maintain change control system, working with departments to assess the impact, and ensuring their timely review, implementation, closure
- Be the quality representative for investigation, working with departments on assigning actions, raising Corrective Actions/ Preventative Actions to avoid future repeat events and change control where applicable
- Perform internal and external inspections and audits
- Participate in regulatory inspections as required
- Perform Veterinary Medicines Directorate (the regulatory body for the UK amendments)
- Contributing to the Regulatory Database (advises which countries can be supplied project improvements)
Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP)
As a student on placement working within our Quality Assurance Team you will need to comply with the following:
- Compliance with our Company’s Global Policies, Procedures and Guidelines, regulatory requirements and execute Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP) in the performance of day-to-day activities and all applicable job functions.
- Attending and successfully completing applicable GMP training, including training in local operating procedures
- Ensuring you are suitably trained to perform your job
- Ensuring that this training is accurately recorded in your training record
- Ensuring that your job is performed in accordance with the training and in compliance with procedures relevant to the role/activity
- Bringing to the attention of management any violation in cGMPs and/or other concerns which may affect the safety, efficacy, or purity of our Company’s product
- You will be looking to complete a 12-month placement in your third or penultimate year of study, returning to your course at the end of the placement
- Studying a degree in a related discipline (e.g. Chemical Engineering, Pharmacy, Pharmaceutical Science or Chemistry) (or equivalent qualification)
Qualities we look for
- Operates with a high level of integrity, transparency and accountability
- Comprehends and aligns with our organization’s core values
- Aligns and fosters a culture of diversity and inclusivity
- Demonstrates initiative, proactivity and academic curiosity
- Encourages and boosts their colleagues through teamwork
- Demonstrates clear and effective communication
- Demonstrates a desire to learn and improve their performance through feedback
South East, Greater London