Student Placement - Strategy Office and Learning & Development
This role will be based in our brand new, state-of-the-art co-working facilities in Moorgate, London. This site, at the heart of London provides fantastic amenities, support services and collaborative workspaces with convenient transport links.
Who we are…?
For more than a century, our organisation has been inventing for life, bringing forward medicines and vaccines for many of the world's most challenging diseases. Today, our organisation continues to be at the forefront of research to deliver innovative health solutions and advance the prevention and treatment of diseases that threaten people and animals around the world.
We are officially certified by the Top Employer Institute and been awarded the exclusive Top Employer United Kingdom Certification for the fourth year running.
Our Human Health Division maintains a “patient first, profits later” ideology. The organization is comprised of sales, marketing, market access, digital analytics and commercial professionals who are passionate about their role in bringing our medicines to our customers worldwide.
The Strategy Office is part of the Strategy & Commercial Operations Business Unit. The team’s mission is to partner with the UK Human Health Leadership Team to define and deliver initiatives and build skills & capabilities, that enable the successful attainment of key business priorities.
The role of the Student Placement will focus on supporting the scoping and execution of strategic projects to deliver the UK Human Health business priorities. The nature of these projects will vary according to need but all will be expected to drive tangible benefits to our business.
The role will provide an excellent opportunity to have true ownership for multiple projects that will make a real difference, all with the support of a friendly, approachable team, whilst providing an opportunity to network with individuals across the organisation to achieve success.
- Support the planning and delivery of key strategic projects, collaborating with fellow employees and vendors as required including:
- Developing project plans and monitoring their execution to ensure timely delivery and appropriate quality
- Supporting the planning, execution and follow-up actions of meetings
- Ensuring actions are accurately captured, documented and delivered
- Communicate project progress and outcomes to all relevant parties
- As necessary, organize and facilitate learning workshops and working sessions across the organisation
- Leading on the communications plan for our social learning platform, SPARK and supporting the SPARK lead to actively source new content and drive engagement to the site
- Use the AV Studio (video and voice recording) to promote MSD activity both internally and externally
- Support both the Business Transformation Team or Strategic Capabilities team as needed on a variety of work which could include:
- Leading on the organisation of team meetings
- Training employees on specific tools and systems
- Raising Purchase Orders or contracting new suppliers
- Communication plans on various events
- You will be looking to complete a 12-month placement in your third or penultimate year of study, returning to your course at the end of the placement
- Studying towards a degree (or equivalent qualification)
- Specific interest in corporate / organisational strategy or learning and development
- Proficient in Office 365; notably PowerPoint & Excel
- Adept at conducting robust qualitative and quantitative analysis to craft recommendations
Qualities we look for
- Operates with a high level of integrity, transparency and accountability
- Comprehends and aligns with our organization’s core values
- Aligns and fosters a culture of diversity and inclusivity
- Demonstrates initiative, proactivity and academic curiosity
- Encourages and boosts their colleagues through teamwork
- Demonstrates clear and effective communication and attention to detail
- Demonstrates a desire to learn and improve their performance through feedback