Opportunities for university student placements at SMBC Group in 2021
Why do a placement with SMBC Group
- Gain insight to financial services and build a network
- Be immersed in a culturally diverse environment with a unique Japanese heritage
- Experience several areas across the bank
- Learn how to effectively collaborate across an organisation
- Be part of a cohort of students from other universities across the UK
- Be supported through your placement by mentors and buddies
- Participate in a curated development programme that will build your professional and technical capability
About SMBC Group
Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corporation Bank International plc (SMBC BI) is headquartered in London and is a wholly owned subsidiary of SMBC - a top-tier Japanese bank with a history spanning over 400 years. SMBC BI has become one of the most respected and trusted names in global banking.
Our size, scope of operations and international reach make SMBC BI one of the pillars of the Sumitomo Mitsui Financial Group (SMFG), a global financial organisation with 78,000 employees in nearly 50 countries, a market capitalisation of over $50 billion and more than $1.5 trillion assets under management. SMBC BI is at the heart of the group’s activities in Europe, the Middle East and Africa (EMEA) with a network of 25 branches, representative offices and subsidiaries.
We are united by a sense of purpose towards our customers - to be a trusted partner for the long-term - and our universal banking platform in EMEA delivers a full suite of corporate finance products and solutions to our customers, including corporate, structured and trade finance, leveraged finance, loan market and treasury products. Through SMBC Group companies we also provide a range of capital markets, securities and leasing products, thereby providing a strong portfolio of global financial services.
At SMBC Group, we recognise that diversity of background, opinions and perspectives is vital for the sustainable growth of our organisation and benefits our customers and stakeholders. Our aim is to build an inclusive work environment where each employee feels able to be their authentic self. DRIVE is the umbrella for our employee-led diversity networks and stands for diversity, respect, inclusion, value and equality. These are the values we strive towards in everything we do. For more information on diversity and inclusion please visit our Diversity & Inclusion webpage.
- Corporate Banking
- Finance and Control
- Human resources
- Loan Capital Markets
- Project Management
- Risk Management
- Specialised products
- Trade finance
To see a full list of all 2021 placements opportunities available, follow the link provided and search for “48 Week Placement”: SMBC BI Careers Portal.
Application deadline: 23:59 GMT on Sunday 31st January 2021
Interviews: Mid-Feb to Mar 2021
Start date: 26 July 2021
End date: 24 June 2022
Salary: £21,000 per annum (prorated)
Holiday: 21 days per annum (prorated)
Important details for applicants
- Who can apply? Undergraduate university students who are completing a degree with a compulsory or optional year in industry. The placement year would constitute the third year of an undergraduate degree followed by a final year back at university.
- How do I apply? Follow the link above, select one placement of interest and submit your CV and cover letter through our recruitment portal. Please note that by applying for several roles or not submitting both your CV and cover letter you may be disqualified from being considered for a placement.
- Do you have the right to work in the UK? We can only consider candidates who are eligible to work in the UK in accordance with current immigration legislation. We require candidates to have relevant visas if required.
- Relative policy Bank policy means that no relatives of employees or relatives of bank suppliers or vendors are employed or can be offered a placement.
If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!