Summer Intern Management Consultant - 2022
Apply by: 31.12.2021
At Arcadis we focus on attracting, retaining and developing people who share our passion and commitment to improve quality of life. In return we offer you the opportunity to transform your world and the world around you, that could be through client work, upskilling yourself, championing equality and inclusion or getting involved in charity work, to name just a few. Our people value different perspectives, they care about the sustainability of our planet and dare to shape the future.
One of our core values is ‘people first’, and supported by our Lovinklaan foundation, we invest in you for the long term, to ensure you reach your full potential. You’ll have the opportunity to own your career and work on industry-defining projects, finding solutions to real challenges that make a difference to people’s lives. You’re encouraged to have a growth mindset and are given the space to develop personally and professionally, building a flexible career that works for you.
Undertaking our Summer Intern Management Consulting programme at Arcadis will provide an opportunity to support the development and delivery of best in class built and natural asset consulting solutions. The role sits within the growing and dynamic Business Advisory team and as an Arcadis Management Consultant, you will be focused on helping our clients solve their most pressing issues and maximise value through improved business performance. A successful candidate will bring a creative and intelligent approach to solution creation, design and delivery.
The programme will also enable the candidate to develop core consulting techniques and tools that can be applied whilst working with our UK and global clients. Whilst working as a Summer Intern Consultant there will be active encouragement to experience the full variety of Sectors and Service Lines to understand the what we can offer our clients and ensure that you gain a clear understanding of a career in management consulting. Finally, we believe the variety and quality of project work, personal development opportunities and social events will ensure you enjoy your year with us.
The role will bring responsibility to the successful candidates from the very beginning with a chance to work directly with clients from your first week. There are no set day-to-day responsibilities due to the flexible nature of responding to our client’s needs across the variety of Sectors and Service Lines we operate in. However, a good Summer Intern Management Consultant would typically:
- Act as a stream resource on projects to support the successful delivery of specific outputs individually or as part of a team.
- Develop a good understanding of client issues and be able to contribute to all aspects of project delivery.
- Use innovation and creativity to deliver solutions which create positive outcomes for clients.
- Proactively seek personal development opportunities by immersing themselves in the extensive learning opportunities from each commission and internal training resources.
- Contribute to internal, non-client facing activities within the Business Transformation team and throughout Arcadis.
- Develop a professional network throughout the business to utilise the wealth of knowledge, expertise and best practice consulting techniques helping deliver informed solutions to our clients
- Support and deliver workshops/internal meetings to help our community grow and develop.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Studying a BSc/BA/MSc Degree in a relevant subject
- Possess a growth mindset
- Confident and able to influence others
- Innovative and creative
- Agile thinkers
- Those who share our passion to ‘improve quality of life’.
- Keen to learn and develop further skills
- Effective research, data gathering, and analysis skills.
- IT competent (including MS Excel).
Why Become an Arcadian?
Our work with clients has a direct impact on people’s lives and on the planet. We make moving, living and belonging in cities safer, more resilient and more sustainable. By partnering with our clients as responsible custodians of our earth's resources, we can create a sustainable planet.
We continue to think of new ways to make positive impacts and create better experiences for people; data driven and digital solutions have become part of the Arcadis DNA. Working together with clients and using techniques like design thinking, we can get to the heart of our clients’ most pressing challenges and work together to solve them.
As a global business, we have committed to support five of the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals to ensure that our projects contribute to a better and more sustainable future for all. But it’s not just the work that we do on client projects that benefits communities and our planet. As a global business, we are committed to making a positive impact to society by supporting local communities where we operate.
To help protect our planet, we monitor and measure non-financial information to inform business decisions and reduce our own environmental impact as part of our commitment to be net zero carbon as a global company by 2030.
Our Commitment to Equality, Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging:
We want you to be able to bring your best self to work every day which is why we take equality and inclusion seriously and hold ourselves to account for our actions. Our ambition is to be an employer of choice and provide a great place to work for all our people. We believe that by working together diverse people with different experiences develop the most innovative ideas. Equality, diversity and inclusion is at the heart of how we improve quality of life and we work closely with our people across six ED&I Workstreams: Age, Disability, Faith, Gender, LGBT+ and Race. A diverse and skilled workforce is essential to our success.
Transform Your World
Greater London, Belfast, Birmingham, Bristol, Glasgow,