Summer Internship Programme: Information & Data Management
Information and Data Management (IDM) is responsible for preparing all management information and selected regulatory information across Finance and Risk. IDM forms best practices to ensure data is understandable, trusted, accessible and optimised for use. IDM includes processes for strategy, planning, validation and data analytics. Some of your responsibilities may include the delivery of daily reporting, working closely with other teams to assist with the adjustment of raw data and producing work that is used to make key strategic business decisions.
Applications close on 9 January 2022. To learn more about our programmes and how to apply, please visit our website.
Who We Are
We are MUFG. With over 360 years of heritage and more than 180,000 employees in 50 countries, we’ve grown to become one of the top five banks in the world.
Combining our global network and financial strength with a dedication to becoming the world's most trusted financial group, we pride ourselves on exceeding client expectations and building long-term relationships. We support our clients and protect their interests with the highest levels of professionalism and expertise, while also serving society and fostering a sustainable vision for growth.
Our Business Areas
Our securities business offer a comprehensive product suite to clients around the world through five key business lines in the primary and secondary markets: capital markets, credit, rates, equities, and structured products.
Our commercial banking arm is a leading corporate lending bank offering an intensive range of services from Project Finance & Syndicated Loans through to Transaction Banking & Asset Finance.
By joining MUFG, you’ll have the opportunity to enhance your financial expertise and become part of a truly international organisation.
Global possibilities with an approachable and inclusive culture: it truly is a better balance in banking
What to Expect
Our ten week Summer Internship programme is designed to provide you with a unique insight into investment banking. Starting off with technical training, you’ll gain a deep understanding of our products and markets. Then armed with this knowledge, you will have the opportunity to complete rotations in two different business areas which will allow you to quickly develop the skills and knowledge required to become an integral part of the team straightaway. You will be involved in real projects and be given tasks that allow you to make a valuable contribution to the team and the overall success of our business. You will gain exposure to different parts of the organisation while developing key analytical and communication skills.
As part of a select intake, you will have the opportunity to learn from some of the best professionals in the industry and will be allocated a buddy to make sure you have all the support to get the most out of the summer internship. The interactive ten week summer internship program, will allow you to
- Gain in-depth understanding of different financial products and markets by attending a bespoke technical training. Supplemental training will be provided throughout the 10 weeks
- Experience what it’s really like to work in global investment banking markets by gaining hands-on work experience
- Build your networks both internally and externally by gaining exposure to employees from all levels of the organisation
Our Summer Internship Programme acts as a pipeline for our full time Analyst programme and a successful summer intern may receive an offer to join our full time Analyst Programme the following year.
Join Our Team We look for talented, motivated and ambitious people who will be able to help drive our business forward. Successful candidates will:
- have a strong interest in financial markets
- have excellent communication & interpersonal skills
- have high levels of motivation and integrity
- have strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- have excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- be innovative and have the ability to generate new and creative ideas
- be in their penultimate year of study
- have obtained a minimum 2:1, or be in line for a minimum 2:1 (or equivalent) at undergraduate level