There is no better way to experience Bryan Cave Leighton Paisner than to join us on one of our vacation schemes. We run two vacation schemes in London – one in April and one in June, which are two weeks in length and we typically take 15 students per scheme.
Our two-week London Vacation Schemes give you the chance to gain some first-hand experience of life at BCLP and the work we do. You will be very much part of the team, doing live work, and getting involved in everything from research and client meetings to court runs and presentations. (Recent topics have included advising a charity on how they could help prevent the use of the death penalty in Sri Lanka, and delivering a mock M&A pitch to a client.) You will also get to attend a series of partner-led talks and workshops, which we try to keep very interactive throughout.
For all of our vacation schemes you are allocated buddies from your department, you will have exposure with trainees, senior associates and partners who will be on hand to answer any questions that you have.
It isn’t just all work and no play, our schemes have a real social element so that you can network with fee earners from across the business. We have speed networking lunches, external evening events, and CR days.
Scheme dates, eligibility, application questions and hints and tips for the assessment centre can all be found on our graduate recruitment website.
- Hardworking and well-rounded individuals
- Willingness to learn and be curious
- Ability to demonstrate commercial awareness
- Creative with problem solving
- Ability to see the wider context of the work that we do for our clients
- Intellectual ability
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Relationship building and strong interpersonal skills
- Commitment to a career in law
- Research and analytical skills
- Someone who takes ownership of self development
- Teamwork and collaboration skills
- Time management and organisation skills