£20,000 - £25,000
What you’ll get?
Salaries for our industrial placements start from £22,000. You'll also get lots of other benefits like product and service discounts and generous time off.
What you’ll do
As well as the technical aspects of projects, you’ll also learn to consider important factors such as schedules, costs, training, through life support whilst always considering safety and environmental concerns.
Under technical supervision, you will provide Systems Engineering services to Product & Training projects, bids and improvement initiatives as directed by the Systems Engineering Discipline Lead
Working in a variety of teams such as:
• Systems architecture;
• Modelling and simulation;
• Requirements management;
• Governance and assurance;
• Testing and integration.
With a Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) approach throughout.
Listen to the customer needs and build a bespoke system for engineers to translate to the mechanical, hardware, and software teams to use to create the detailed engineering design for the respective areas.
We also provide the opportunity to get involved in projects outside of your primary remit. We encourage you to seek a stretch project in which you’ll gain different experiences. With our huge portfolio of products and our multinational presence, there are opportunities to get involved in something different around every corner. Additionally, we encourage involvement in community projects, STEM initiatives and support groups (called employee resource groups) which all provide valuable learning and development experiences that you may not have access to in your day-to-day role. To ensure we retain our talented people, we offer a blend of sponsorship, additional support in career development planning and a portfolio of high potential development programmes. We are also fully committed to supporting graduates to work towards professional registration and Chartership with a range of professional institutes (e.g. the IET and IMechE). Our graduate scheme is accredited with a number of different professional institutes, which means that we have demonstrated high standards of delivery and support.
Our mission is to build a strong, diverse, adaptable, and high performing work force that will develop and grow our future business. We believe that everyone has talent, and at the heart of our talent management approach our ambition is to be recognised as the UK’s top employer in the defence and security sector for valuing diversity and inclusion. Accelerated development will be offered to those who have the aspiration, ability, and performance to fulfil roles that are critical to our future success. Using The Future Talent Programme, we select high potential graduates and provide them with further tailored development opportunities.
Specific activities could include:
- Supporting the development of strategies to ensure that systems are designed and integrated so that they fully satisfy the customer and business needs/requirements
- Supporting the design and optimisation of system architectures and solutions using system modelling techniques
- Liaise with MOD establishments, test facilities, sub-contractors, suppliers and customers as required
- Liaise with Supply Chain, Operations, Test & Commissioning, ILS and other internal functions as required
- Determining the emergent properties of a system to support trade-offs, optimisation, risk reduction and testing
- Defining the verification and validation approach in order to achieve certification and acceptance of the system
- Drafting technical reports or other documents relevant to, or required by, a particular task in order to ensure that information can be successfully communicated with recipients
What’s in it for you?
- The chance to create next-generation security products and technology.
- An immersive induction experience which will prepare you for entering your real-world role.
- Access to established graduate and undergraduate communities. You’ll also have a dedicated graduate buddy and manager to support you during the whole placement.
- Throughout your placement, you’ll receive performance and development feedback and have the opportunity to access a range of development courses through our online learning platforms.
- A conditional offer to join us as on a graduate programme without the need to reapply, subject to performance and availability.
Our one-year programme will give you the chance to get hands-on industry experience and a deep insight into life at BAE Systems.
£20,000 - £25,000