Digital Marketing Executive
I am recruiting on behalf of a small, specialist engineering and software consultancy. They work in four main discipline areas; electronics hardware, digital electronics, mobile (android and iOS), and cloud technology applications. The work is innovative and working with an incredible variety of client businesses throughout the world who outsource the design and development of their technology to the consultancy. Their hardware design projects have ranged from ultra-low power 8-bit microcontrollers through to high end microprocessors. The software team have developed cutting-edge programs for a wide range of mobile devices as well as cloud applications for a variety of purposes, making software and apps that are solving problems and working fast, intuitively and intelligently.
They have hard problems to work through and clients expect the best; everyone in the business pulls together to deliver on this. They have achieved this and have been recognised for it. They have won several awards in the last five years – receiving commendations for innovative design on individual projects as well as overall excellence and depth as a technical consultancy. Commercially, it shows as well, the consultancy has grown consistently year to year and is continuing to do so in 2019 with a confident outlook beyond.
I am recruiting for a data-driven Digital Marketing Executive to join their team. It’s a full role covering a lot of the marketing mix, but with the bulk of work being digital including search, email, social media and lead generation. Attracting site traffic and converting that into high-quality new leads is the main aim of the role, including developing exciting new programs for email and social media.
- Supporting the consultancy’s communications plan, ensuring digital integration with wider marketing campaigns and initiatives.
- Day to day management of paid search and paid social accounts across multiple platforms
- Analysis of existing CPC bidding to decrease cost and maintain ROI with Google Adwords
- Creation of new advertising copy for both search and display advertising with aim of improving click through rates
- Generating email marketing programmes including automation.
- Ownership, maintenance and growing the company’s marketing database.
- Deploying marketing automation and lead nurturing processes through email, content, and social channels.
- Assisting with creating, editing and publishing of multimedia content and marketing materials such as case studies, and presentations. Content will be technical in nature, being able to assimilate and create technical content to do with electronics, software and mobile applications is key.
- Assisting with management of website content.
- Using CRM system, including supporting an annual cleanse initiative.
- Supporting the internal marketing communications initiative.
- Reporting, analysis and recommendations on data. Including on email, search, CRM and website, using Google Analytics, Excel and other tools as appropriate.
- Keeping up to date with current digital trends and suggesting new ideas to enhance the digital strategy of the organisation.
- Booking and coordinating attendance at trade shows and industry events.
- General office duties where required.
- Minimum bachelor’s degree in marketing, business or related with relevant content and 2.2 or higher.
- Previous exposure to digital marketing; either via course modules or work experience.
- Experience with Microsoft Excel. Comfortable working with numeric data and able to spot trends and patterns and the underlying reason for them.
- Understanding of digital marketing concepts and best practices.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- High attention to detail in writing and editing / proof reading ability. Able to highlight what’s interesting and exciting about a concept.
- Minimum 12 month’s work experience. Not necessarily in marketing but experience working in a professional marketing role a bonus.
- Able to work well both independently and as a team. Able to set own goals, priorities and achieve organisational results.
- Experience with social media marketing, Google AdWords and email campaigns and SEO/SEM a plus.
- Exposure to web analytics tools including Google Analytics, NetInsight and WebTrends advantageous.
Training and progression are important for the consultancy for any employee but especially at graduate level.
Interested? Please send me a CV and cover letter outlining any key recent achievements and why you are a strong match for this role.