Graduate Application support engineer
TATA Consultancy Services is an IT services, consulting and business solutions organisation that collaborates with many of the world’s largest businesses in their transformation journeys. TCS offers a consulting-led, Cognitive powered, integrated portfolio of IT, Business & Technology Services, and engineering. This is delivered through its unique Location Independent Agile delivery model, recognized as a benchmark of excellence in software development. A part of the TATA group, India's largest multinational business group, TCS has over 394,000 of the world’s best-trained consultants in 46 countries. The company generated consolidated revenues of US $ 19.09 billion for year ended March 31, 2018 and is listed on the BSE (formerly Bombay Stock Exchange) and the NSE (National Stock Exchange) in India.
As a Graduate Application Support SME you will be joining our team in Swindon, This is a Full time, permanent contract where you will be trained and responsible for the following:
What we are looking for in the candidates for a Graduate Application Support SME:
Provide application support including incident and work requests as per the technology stack
You will have the following skills and attributes:
- Hands on experience in Microsoft stack, primarily:
- Knowledge of either .Net / MVC / Web API
- Knowledge of Design, code and test new windows and web software applications
- Opportunity to enhance existing systems by analysing business objectives, preparing an action plan and identifying areas for modification and improvement
- Maintain existing applications & systems by identifying and correcting defects
- Assist the testing team with unit testing
- Resourcefulness, Meticulous attention to detail
- Logical thinking, Good analytical & Problem solving skills
Your work location: You will be based in Swindon, UK for the duration of this contract.
What’s in it for you?
- Hands on experience in a prestigious and global firm working on an exciting project
- Gaining valuable and transferrable industry experience in the technology sector
- Exposure to internal and client stakeholders[AE2]
- Dedicated HR business partner and Buddy scheme to help you settle in and grow
- Comprehensive induction as well as ongoing training to support you in your role
- Private medical insurance
- Cycle to work scheme
- Employee discount scheme
- Employee pensions
- Maitree: Our internal volunteering and social network allowing you to take at least one paid volunteering day per year, as well as take part in social networks,
- Health and wellness initiatives such as fit4life and purpose4life internal sports events, we also sponsor Marathons internationally
- Access to online training materials 24/7 on digital platforms
- Corporate social responsibility: including TCS Mentors
Initiatives in mental health, LGBTQ among other diversity and inclusion awareness and support.