At Mazars we'll help you build on your expertise, experience and ambition to develop a rewarding and successful career. We want you to be yourself, to bring your ideas and creativity and to feel inspired as part of our national tax team.
We provide bespoke advice in all areas of taxation, helping our clients to navigate the complexities of tax codes, often in multiple jurisdictions, and to help them ensure they are fulfilling all their obligations and paying the correct amount of tax. In this way we help them to manage an area of significant financial and reputational risk and to make properly informed decisions about their tax position whether they are an individual, a business owner or a corporate organisation. We also help clients resolve any disputes they have with the tax authorities as swiftly as possible.
We cover every aspect of taxation for clients, whether on employment, corporate profits or gains, movements of individuals or businesses from one country to another, international transactions or on personal income, gains or wealth.
An introduction to our Specialist Tax team:
The Specialist Taxes team provides advice and support to our clients in specific niche areas of tax. The main areas you will have an opportunity to work within are as follows:
- Expatriate tax – helping organisations plan international assignments and to manage their cross border workers, from supporting them with immigration requirements to helping them structure cost effective reward packages and ensuring that they satisfy all overseas reporting and filing requirements.
- Employment tax – helping organisations grow, mitigate and manage their risks more effectively. They do this by helping enhance employee reward, reducing employer costs and putting more robust governance controls on key tax risk areas in place.
- Tax Investigations – matters ranging from individual tax disputes, to large, complex and high profile cases. They help individuals, companies and trusts selected for investigations, as well as proactively working with companies to support them in managing their reputational risk, given the increasing complexity of their reporting and filing requirements.
We are moving to a new hybrid working model, so as a trainee you will split your time between working from home, visiting the office, and client sites when required, or studying for your professional exams.
We will operate a rotation based training regime that will allow you to spend between 6 and 9 months working in different specialist areas before rotating on to the next one. In this way you will gain a broad understanding of the specialist services we can offer to our clients, the value of this advice to them and their businesses and the way that the different streams of work interact with each other and with the wider tax practice. As part of your rotation scheme you will the opportunity to work within another business area within in our tax service line outside of the specialist team.
By the end of the third year you will have a deep understanding of 3 or 4 specialist areas of tax that will help you in deciding which area you would like to focus on in the next stage of your career.
- Interpersonal skills; the ability to build client relationships with a foundation of trust and responsibility.
- Analytical skills; the ability to think critically, research and solve problems.
- Attention to detail and strong time-management skills.
- Commitment to self-development & learning.
- Affinity with our values; in particular, respect for individuals, diversity and integrity.
- Teamwork; the ability to function and contribute effectively as part of a high achieving team.
Strong academic performance is important so we know that you're ready to take your professional exams . However, we understand things don't always go to plan – so if you don't meet our minimum requirements, please let us know if you have any exceptional achievements or extenuating circumstances which affected your results. We also consider your achievements in the context of your socio-economic background, so encourage you to submit your contextual information.
- On track to achieve or have obtained a 2.1 or above in any degree discipline
- Minimum of 112 UCAS points. This is based on the new 2017 UCAS Tariff. You can calculate your UCAS points here.
- Grade B or above in GCSE English Language and Maths.
We will fund your study towards the combined ATT/CTA qualification.
You will receive a full study package to ensure that you successfully complete your professional qualification. This includes time off to study, attend college and complete online courses. Your professional qualification is only part of the story at Mazars; we support all our trainees with a blended approach to training and development including classroom study, 1:1 coaching, and soft skills training.
You will be supported by a mentor and an appraising manager to keep your career and aspirations on track.
Manchester, Birmingham, London