Teacher of English - St Ninian's High School
Job Reference: ?DOES-014029
Closing Date: ?29/05/2022
Salary: ?£25,714 - £41,604 per annum
Department: ?Department of Education, Sport and Culture
Hours Per week: ?Full Time
Join our team as a Teacher of English at St Ninian’s High School!
About the role and our team
We are looking for an enthusiastic and dynamic Teacher of English who can confidently teach students and be part of our?dedicated team.
You will enjoy an interesting and rewarding position within the framework of a strong and important area of the school.
This is an ideal role for someone who has a desire to share and develop their own good practice, and contribute to the development of others.
This is an extremely exciting time to join our team as the school has gone from strength to strength over recent years and we are committed to ensuring this success continues. You will play a significant role in our ongoing journey of school improvement and I hope you are excited about the opportunity this role presents.
Visits to the school are encouraged to view the facilities and have the opportunity to meet members of the senior and subject staff.
What can this role offer me?
You can take advantage of the excellent opportunities we provide for personal and professional development. This includes the use of our?Learning, Education and Development Centre and the fantastic range of fully funded courses we support.
Free parking is available at the school.
What benefits are available to secondary teachers?
Whether you are already on island or relocating to join us, you could enjoy many benefits teaching on the Isle of Man. We recognise it can be expensive to move you and your family to the island, to keep the costs down for you we will cover a large portion of these expenses. As a Secondary Teacher on the Isle of Man you could enjoy significant and generous financial benefits such as:
- If you are in your first year as an Early Careers Teacher, you are entitled to two recruitment and retention payments of £2,000 each at the beginning of your second and third full years in teaching.
- Help to pay your rent/mortgage while you settle in with a housing allowance?up to £500 per month over 2 years.
- If you are returning to the island and have participated in the Department’s Student Loan scheme for tuition fees, the loan will be repaid by the Department upon completion of your second year working as a teacher at one of the island’s Secondary schools (subject to a maximum of £7,500 for a three year degree course, or £10,000 for a four year degree course).
- Financial support to get you, your family and your belongings, including one motor vehicle, to the Isle of Man. We’ll also help you to pay for storing you furniture if required. We will pay 70% of any removal or storage costs incurred.
- If you are relocating to the Isle of Man, you will receive financial help towards the costs of visiting to the Island to view housing and to visit your new school. You are eligible to receive up to £325 each for you and your partner and, if applicable, £140 each for up to 2 dependent children.
- For those relocating or returning to the island you will receive a?refund on your national insurance?contributions during the first 12 months of your employment, this could be up to £4,000!
- A subject shortage allowance of £500 a month for a maximum of 8 months if you are offered a permanent position in a Maths, English or Science teaching position without a TLR.
- A rewarding pension scheme offering a defined benefit scheme where both you and the organisation contribute towards your future including death in service cover.???????
?????To find out more about the benefits you can enjoy by working with us, download our benefits guide from the bottom of the advert.
Do you know someone who could be perfect for this role?
Let them know about this vacancy and refer them via ? our new? Employee Referral Scheme!
You’ll receive? £500? (in two equal instalments and subject to conditions) ? for making the referral, if the person you referred is offered the role!
To ensure you receive payment for your referral, the person you refer just needs to indicate the referral on their application form by selecting ‘Isle of Man Public Service Employee Referral Scheme’ in the ‘Where did you hear about this vacancy’ section, and providing your name as the referrer.
To ensure referrals are eligible, and to find out more about the terms and conditions of the scheme, you can download the scheme policy? here. ???????
About the Island and relocating
Here you can enjoy a fantastic?quality of life, and an excellent work-life balance! There are?plenty of opportunities for outdoor activities;?so if?you like walking, mountain biking, sailing or kayaking, you’ll have lots of places to explore!
There are also lots of great cafes, bars and restaurants, and you can enjoy the Island’s real sense of community. The island is well connected to the UK, and you’ll also benefit from low income tax rates (20% maximum rate).
To find out more about the Island and the lifestyle you could enjoy here, take a look at Locate Isle of Man’s guide to moving to the Isle of Man? here .
If you are relocating or returning to the Island, you can also benefit from the National Insurance Holiday Scheme, which allows you to apply for a refund on your NI contributions for your 1st?year of living here. To see how this scheme could benefit you, and to find out more about relocating to the Isle of Man, visit? www.locate.im
A relocation package based on receipts is available for this role.
How to find out more and apply
For more information please see the attached job description and person specification, alternatively contact Chris Coole on 01624 648800.
Applications for this post will be accepted up to midnight of the closing date specified. ? You’ll need to upload your latest CV to your application, and we recommend that you also include a cover letter that explains your motivations for applying, and that demonstrates your suitability for this post. If you have difficulties applying?online please contact the Recruitment Team on 01624 686300 or by email at? email@example.com
???????If you have previously applied for this vacancy under this reference number and would like to apply again, please contact our Recruitment Team on? firstname.lastname@example.org ?or call 686300 Option 1.
Please note an enhanced with barring police check is required for this post, which the Department will cover the cost of for you.
The Isle of Man Public Service is an equal opportunities employer which supports and promotes flexible working. We understand its benefits in improving work-life balance and supporting health and wellbeing and, in its different forms; it is widespread throughout the Public Service. We are happy to discuss part-time or flexible working arrangements, including job share partnerships, for our roles (where possible) and if interested you should discuss this with the Hiring Manager.
Isle of Man