Technical Systems Engineer / Software Engineer Graduate
The Digital Workplace Team is a multi-disciplinary team focused on using a variety of digital tools.
We are looking for a graduate to join us to become a Software Engineer at an exciting and transformational time. This role provides opportunities to work with the latest technology in the heart of our Digital Workplace team with the brightest minds in one of the world’s leading IT companies.
What you will do:
Be coached by world-class leaders who will challenge and mentor you. Join with a team of new graduates all starting your careers together, increase your professional development whilst meeting the demands of your projects and programs.
Within a small, global agile team:
- Deploy and maintain business critical applications in production at Cisco scale
- Be a critical part of the development team by implementing and deploying complex software applications, focusing on data ingestion and analysis
- Apply software engineering best practices along with a security first mindset in a scrum team
- Maintain and expand knowledge and skills of current and emerging technologies to improve existing Cisco Webex Collaboration suite
- Present, share and demonstrate your work to team members and stakeholders
We are looking for individuals with a passion for technology and problem solving, ideally with solid academic foundations in engineering disciplines, working towards or having earned a bachelor’s degree (or higher). Equivalent experience accepted in lieu of degree.
- A passion for – and a commitment to lifelong learning – a willingness and eagerness to invest time in training and developing your skills
- Programming language experience e.g.: Python, C, C++, Linux.
- Able to integrate 3rd party platforms/products into IT provided services.
- Experience deploying and maintaining applications in a staging/production environment
- Understanding of strong security practices
- Experience with developing, testing and debugging automated tasks (CI/CD pipelines)
- Familiarity of Cloud services e.g.: GCP, AWS, Azure
What we offer
At Cisco we strongly believe in the wellbeing of our employees and work life balance, and our benefits package is designed to reflect this. On top of your remuneration package, add holidays. you may be entitled to receive these Benefits & Perks as part of our People Deal and benefits package. (May vary location.)
Other onsite office facilities including; Free shuttle buses between local stations and the Cisco Campus office, access to the ‘IT Nest Zone’ with gaming facilities, Starbucks Coffee bar, massage chairs, nap pods, an onsite Nuffield Health gym and showers.
- Our selection process is as follows: Application - Hiring Team Video Interview – Virtual Cisco Day.
- You must be able to legally live and work in the UK without visa support or sponsorship.
Why you will love Cisco:
At Cisco we connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren't afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
Life in Cisco IT:
In Cisco IT we are uniquely positioned to see how the rest of the business operates – because between us - we support everyone! The possibilities to create, to build solutions that impact transformational change are endless because change is our constant.
Our team is everywhere, and so whilst based in the UK, we regularly work with people across the world and occasionally travel to meet each other.
We are devoted to spreading the word about technology in the community and ask our graduate hires to do the same, allocating 10-20% of their time in the first year to initiatives such as IamIT in schools and STEM events. In addition to this we like to have fun and have regular team events
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!