Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS, you’ll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in payments and financial services technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all, fun!
We are offering an exciting opportunity to join FIS as a Technology Business Consultant in the FIS University Program, based in London. This two-year program is suited to entry level joiners who aspire to develop a successful career with a leading Fintech company!
Training for the role will mainly be on-the-job and you will also have an opportunity to participate in team projects, professional development seminars and access an online learning curriculum during the two-year program. You will work with a team that is invested in your growth, development, and success - including quarterly performance connects with your manager and bi-annual merit reviews.
The UK program has a start date in September 2022 with a dedicated “Learning Week” where you will:
- Learn the unique nature of our industry, products, and the markets in which we work
- Learn the structure of FIS and options for growth within the organisation
- Hear from FIS leadership about their journey and participate in senior leader networking opportunities
- Build a network of peers from across the organisation
Following the FIS University Program Learning week, you will continue your learning journey with your business unit and receive further functional training as you settle into your role.
About the team
FIS Post-Trade Services (PTS) is a global team of 1200+ employees, providing clearing, margining, brokerage and reconciliation operations and technology support from sixteen locations including: New York, Chicago, Raleigh, London, Paris, Singapore, Hong Kong, Sydney, and India.
FIS Post-Trade Services (PTS) is an innovative FIS Fintech business, providing derivatives clearing brokers a complete set of operational and technology services for all non-differentiating post-trade operations, application, and infrastructure requirements. FIS Cleared Derivatives is our brand new, single technology, multi-asset, Post Trade Processing platform which serves this sector.
What you will be doing
As a Technology Business Consultant within the PTS Professional Services team, you will be responsible for providing technology and business consultancy services to our clients to implement our next generation trade capture and back-office processing platform, FIS Cleared Derivatives (FIS CD).
You will gain excellent exposure to a broad range of financial services clients and gain knowledge to become an industry expert in the field of derivatives processing. You will be working in a fast-paced environment with the wider FIS team and will be expected to bring new energy, challenge working practices and bring new ideas for consideration.
This is an exciting and challenging role, giving the right candidate the opportunity to forge strong working relationships with our clients and internal FIS teams. Key responsibilities will include:
- Learn about the FIS CD solution – including underlying technologies, and build knowledge of/experience with post-trade processes
- Gather the client’s functional and technical requirements and advise how FIS CD can best be delivered to meet the required requirements. Work with the client’s technology and business teams to help them transform their operating model to deliver successful implementations of our new FIS CD solution
- Work as part of a project team to implement FIS CD, learning about data migration, interfacing, software configuration and infrastructure.
- Support with day-to- day aspects of the project delivery, communicating effectively with clients and internal stakeholders
- Take part in initiatives which will optimise our delivery approach through new technologies and processes.
Who we are looking for
- A bachelor’s degree in a STEM subject
- Strong interpersonal skills – a confident communicator
- You are detail-orientated, analytical with strong problem-solving skills
- Highly organised, with good time management skills and an ability to multi-task
- Pro-active – willing to ask questions and put forward ideas
- You have technical aptitude; an ability to break down and explain complex data to a non-technical audience
- Ability to build a network both internally and externally, and comfortable interacting with a diverse group of stakeholders
What we can offer you
- A multifaceted role, with an opportunity to gain a good degree of responsibility relatively quickly
- A competitive salary and excellent benefits: Medical and Health, Well-Being, Lifestyle, and many more
- Structured onboarding program with networking opportunities
- Quarterly progression and development reviews during your first two years on the program
- Virtual learning curriculum to support your professional development
- Opportunity to build knowledge of the post-trade industry
- A supportive work environment built on collaboration, flexibility, and respect
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.