Technology - Desktop Support Placement
Apply by: 28.02.2022
About the Programme
Our IT placement year centers around hands-on mentorship and a robust educational curriculum. Over the course of the year, you’ll work side by side with full-time employees who act as your mentors. You’ll also be able to access our physical and virtual educational resources, attend guest speakers and social events, and hopefully get a real sense of what it would be like to work here full time.
If you’ve never thought about a career in finance, you’re in good company—many of us were in the same position before working here. If you have a curious mind, a collaborative nature, and a passion for solving interesting problems, we have a feeling you’ll fit right in.
About the Position
We are hiring for our IT industrial placement beginning in September 2022, with flexible duration between 6-12 months, in our London office. If you are imagining a daily routine that involves making copies and watching as someone turns a computer off and back on, think again—this is not your typical IT internship.
Jane Street interns are trained as if they are new joiners. They are working alongside our existing full time team in a hands-on capacity, helping our Desktop Support Engineers make tangible and immediate improvements to our office environment. This can include: updating physical and virtual office landscapes, providing tech support to full-timers across all departments, and developing and writing internal tooling for IT Support.
Our IT interns are positive, collaborative problem solvers who love helping people. They are unafraid to ask questions and learn from mistakes. They troubleshoot in real-time and listen patiently to the end user. The feedback loop on resolving user issues is immediate and gratifying - most of the time, the person reaching out is someone you already know.
Internship roles provide a great introduction to Jane Street and how we think about and solve problems across all teams. Often, successful interns have been invited to return for a full-time position after graduation
We don’t expect you to have a background in finance or any other specific field—we’re looking for smart people who enjoy solving interesting problems. We’re actually more interested in how you think and learn than what you currently know. You should be:
- A member of the class of 2022 or 2023
- A reliable team player with a “no job too small” attitude
- Someone who communicates clearly and respectfully with colleagues
- Eager to learn, help people, and solve problems
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
- Humble and unafraid to ask questions and admit mistakes
- Able to analyse and deconstruct technical problems
- Able to develop and maintain technical documentation
- Interested in learning about networking, programming, or system administration
- Willing to take a hands-on approach to gain experience in diagnosing, troubleshooting, and resolving technical issues at the desktop, server, and network levels
- Able to start working during September 2022
- Fluent in English