Starting September 2022
Accelerate your career in technology with a world-leading financial trading and investments platform that powers the pursuit of financial freedom for 100,000’s investors around the globe.
We are seeking graduates who demonstrate a genuine interest and passion for technology, to join us in the development of our award-winning in-house trading platforms. As the founders and UK leaders of the industry, we have a responsibility to ensure our technology is modern, stable, and secure, to provide a best-in-class user experience for all our users. As such, our programme is built to give you the best experiences and learning opportunities to develop a great career within technology.
As an IG Graduate Trainee, you will spend time in different teams across the business and learn about the full breadth of our products, including our native mobile trading apps, a low-latency web platform, and high-performance backend systems.
At IG, we believe in not only helping employees strengthen their existing skills, but also filling in their knowledge gaps and allowing them to explore their interests. So, when you start at IG, we will work with you to build a tailored learning plan with placements that are best suited to you and that will empower you in your professional development. You will contribute to a range of creative projects encompassing the full breadth of modern software engineering, with opportunities for people to gain further experience through placements in machine learning, security, and DevOps.
Our Graduate Programme lasts for 18 months and is broken down as follows:
- Three 5-month in-depth placements, and three additional 1-month rotations
- Each long-term placement will embed you alongside our expert developers, tech leaders, and business functions
- Shorter 1-month rotations positioning you in closely related areas that are designed to provide you with a broader overview of the business and an in-depth understanding of IG
- Throughout the Graduate Programme you will gain exposure to each division's leadership teams
As a trainee you will get:
- Hands-on experience
- Formal training sessions on software development
- Opportunities for professional and personal development
- Support in developing a wide variety of technical and business skills
- A buddy to offer informal advice about the culture at IG and help you settle in
Keen to apply?
- You should have, or be about to complete, a degree, ideally in Computer Science or Engineering. However, we also consider other STEM subjects You are passionate about technology, possibly possessing some prior real-world experience
- You are keen to learn and apply modern technologies in a dynamic business environment
- You thrive in a dynamic and innovative environment and enjoy working with people from diverse cultures and backgrounds
Working at IG
From day one, we have been breaking the mould – challenging ourselves to deliver an unmatched experience for our clients and raising the bar for tomorrow’s opportunities. Our first venture created a whole new category of trading and today, almost five decades later, we are still market leaders in this field. Our technology ensures we stay competitive, resilient, and fast enough to remain truly successful.
We are an organisation of positive problem-solvers united and inspired by our purpose, which is to power the pursuit of financial freedom for the ambitious. We are constantly evolving and innovating for the better, making us one of the most dynamic and exciting companies in the FTSE 250.
We have operations in 20 countries across five continents that serve ambitious go-getters all over the globe, while our local operations are supported by service centres in Krakow, Bengaluru, Johannesburg, and Shenzhen as well as our London head office.
Over 400,000 active clients trust our industry-leading technology that powers our financial services platform. Our products provide efficient, flexible access to more than 19,000 markets for financially driven people who love a challenge as much as we do.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. As part of our inclusive culture, your views will be championed, and our organisational structure makes senior management visible and accessible.
Join IG and you will be joining the best in an always-moving industry. We are constantly improving our systems, while experimenting with machine learning approaches, such as predictive analytics and NLP.
“ We look forward to welcoming inquisitive and driven technology-minded people who will join us to take on complex challenges and bringing new perspectives, ideas and experiences .”
Simon Myers – CTO
Not just anyone can help us maintain our industry leadership. We work in a fast-paced environment, and we expect the best from you. You will be tenacious, curious, eager, and open-minded. In return, you will be recognized for work with a visible effect on the business and offered clear paths to progress.
On top of technical skills, you will have a chance to further your professional and personal development (communication, presentation, prioritization, career development).