Help organisations identify and manage their technology risks whilst simultaneously gaining skills to develop a career in professional services.
Locations will close when filled so we encourage you to apply early. If your preferred location is not available, please explore other opportunities.
Technology is at the heart of most modern organisations. As well as opening a world of opportunities, technology exposes organisations to a variety of risks. We help our clients to identify and manage these risks to protect their stakeholders.
Alongside our Assurance colleagues, we help clients protect their reputation by mitigating these business and IT risks.
What will you be doing?
- Learning about EY, our clients and their businesses.
- Understand the IT landscape of some of our biggest clients, including their adoption of cloud, use of Artificial Intelligence and Robotic Process Automation, and assure and advise on the associated risks.
- Work on client projects and interact with our clients to identify IT risks, test controls and provide an opinion on the security of the clients IT environment.
- Analysing data, liaising with clients and presenting your work.
- Assist in the project management of client engagements, while learning how to use workflow and analytics tools.
Are you eligible to apply?
We operate an open access policy, meaning we don’t screen out applications on your academic performance alone. You will, however, need to be working towards an honours degree in any subject, have a minimum of grade 4/C GCSE (or equivalent) in English Language and Maths, and three A-levels/Five Highers (or equivalent) to be eligible to apply.
We welcome applications from all academic backgrounds and are looking for individuals who will succeed at EY in the desired role and future qualifications, therefore throughout our recruitment process your academic performance will be considered against your online assessment scores to determine your suitability for an EY role. We are also proud to partner with RARE recruitment, so that your application can be processed in the context of your socio-economic background. This allows us to give you the maximum credit for your achievements, assessing whether you have overachieved in light of your personal circumstances.
- Work closely with Assurance colleagues to identify and address the risks of using IT in some of our largest Audit clients.
- Get involved with industry research and client thought leadership.
- Support business development initiatives to help EY grow their client portfolio.
How’s it structured?
Your first year: in your first week, you'll participate in our EY induction where you will be immersed in training alongside your peers from across the UK and learn about Technology Risk. Following your induction, you'll join your local office where you will meet your EY colleagues including your career coach and start working on various projects across our global client accounts. Your project teams will provide coaching and support your learning as you develop the necessary skills to build your expertise. During your first year with us, you'll complete the ICAEW Certificate in Finance, Accounting and Business (CFAB) - it’s a lot of learning but you'll have plenty of support from your team, mentors and career coach.
Your second year: having completed the CFAB (Certificate in Finance, Accounting and Business) examinations in your first year, you'll decide whether to continue with the ICAEW Chartered Accountant (ACA) qualification. Throughout your time on the graduate programme you'll build your expertise and client relationships through a variety of projects, working closely with your coach to agree and achieve career development goals.
Rewards and benefits
You want a career that counts. An experience that challenges you. That rewards performance and ultimately defines your future. That's what's on offer at EY. After all, our success is founded on yours.
Birmingham, Bristol, Edinburgh, Glasgow, London, Manchester, Newcastle