Technology Risk Services Graduate Programme – January 2022
More than you expected
Grant Thornton UK LLP is part of a global network of independent audit, tax and advisory firms, made up of some 58,000 people in over 135 countries. We're a team of independent thinkers who put quality, inclusion and integrity first. All around the world we bring a different experience to our clients. A better experience. One that delivers the expertise they need in a way that goes beyond. Personal, proactive, and agile. That's Grant Thornton.
Great minds. Nothing alike.
Get to know us, our clients and start learning more about yourself. Our advisory teams work closely with clients, connecting with the issues they face and providing advice and guidance to help clients navigate risks and achieve their business objectives. The constantly evolving landscape calls for an approach that puts what is right first, so you will need to push ideas harder and ask the difficult questions to give clients the assurance they need to support their ambitions and growth.
All organisations need to manage risks to their business to function at an optimum level and deliver value to their stakeholders. Within Technology Risk Services (TRS), this is vitally important work: the team looks at the risks arising from businesses’ use of technology, including cyber security, digital systems, IT resilience, emerging technologies, artificial intelligence, social media, and major transformation programmes. Our clients range from international hotel chains and global retailers to UK based automotive manufactures and major UK charities. Your role in the team would be to help advise our clients on the technology risks facing their business and how to operate efficiently and securely. There’ll be challenges along the way, as you explore different businesses to identify and analyse areas vulnerable to risk. But you’ll be supported and able to meet each one with a solution. That’s how you excel here.
A look into your future
Our three-year graduate programme is designed to take you on a journey from graduate to professionally qualified. Here’s a glimpse of what you’ll experience during your first three years:
- Hands on experience in the different aspects of Technology Risk Services, with a variety of clients
- Responsibility from early in your career, taking ownership for interesting and challenging client work
- You'll constantly be challenged as you explore different businesses to identify and analyse areas vulnerable to risk
- You’ll develop a strong internal and external network to learn from
- TRS will give you the opportunity to work with FSTE 100 and 250 businesses or large not for profit organisations
- You’ll have exposure to a wide range of technology operation clients supported by seasoned professionals, many of whom have worked in businesses of this size meaning you learn from others who have been there and performed the role
- You’ll need to demonstrate a passion for technology and be a great relationship builder with clients and colleagues alike
- You’ll take ownership for your own work whilst having the opportunity to develop others and create an environment where everyone can flourish
- Working closely with colleagues to provide robust financial and risk management advice to our clients, developing unique solutions to the challenges they have
- On the job learning, alongside a structured training programme
- Time to study and revise for your exams, supported by us all the way to complete the ACA professional qualification
Knowing that you’re right for us
We’ve got a flexible approach to academic entry requirements, and we’ll consider these alongside your strengths, motivations and connection with us. We’re looking for people who want to contribute, spark fresh ideas and go beyond expectations. People who want to be able to proudly do what’s right, for the firm, our clients, our people and themselves.
Back yourself with our backing
Embracing uniqueness, the culture at Grant Thornton thrives on the contributions of all our people, we never settle for what is easy, we look beyond to deliver the right thing, for everyone.
Our open and accessible culture means you’ll interact with leaders who are interested in you and everything you bring to our firm. The things that set you apart, we value them. That’s why we give you the freedom to be yourself and pursue your passions inside and outside of work.
Beyond the job
Life is more than work. So together with your people manager and team, you’ll decide the best way of working, for your clients, your team and for you. Everyone here enjoys a competitive salary and you’ll have a flexible benefits package to choose from too, with options including pensions, private medical cover, subsidised gym membership and season ticket travel discount.
The impact you can make here will go far beyond your day job. From secondments once qualified, to fundraising for local charities, or investing in entrepreneurs in the developing world, you’ll be giving back to society. It’s that drive to do the right thing that runs through our every move, grounded in our CLEARR values – Collaboration, Leadership, Excellence, Agility, Respect and Responsibility. We’ll use the interview process to check your values match up.
You deserve the best start to your career. Come to where you’ll learn more, where you won’t limit yourself, and where you’ll discover exactly what you’re capable of. Choose Grant Thornton. It’s how it should be.