We’re inventing the future, right here, right now, at Thales. By combining the curiosity to explore, the intelligence to question and the vision to create, we’re transforming the world around us.
The Bid and Project Management (BPM) stream within the Thales UK Graduate Development Programme (GDP) has been designed to provide a diverse and robust understanding of bid and project management within Thales UK. Thales UK manages a complex portfolio of 200+ significant projects and typically manages 100+ key bids per year. Graduates will have the opportunity to work within a number of different UK based business units, including:
The Graduate Development Programme is a two-year rotational programme, comprising of four-six month placements. During this time you will gain experience within a number of different roles and businesses, developing a variety of bid and project management skills and competencies. Upon completion of the programme the aim is to be placed into a permanent role within the Bids and Project Management (BPM) function. The focus of this role will be Project Planning, Project Controls, Risk and Opportunity Management, Project Management and Bid Management.
The BPM GDP offers graduates the opportunity to study towards an APM/IPMA Level D certification in Project Management. This is a formally recognised qualification and has been designed together with the Association of Project Managers (APM) and the International Project Management Association (IPMA).
You will be expected to complete four six-month placements across various Thales sites and businesses in the UK so flexibility on your location is required for this role. Our main sites are: Crawley, Glasgow, Bristol, Belfast, Reading, Cheadle, London and Templecombe.
- Undertake bid and project management activities in support of the Bid and Project Management Team to ensure the successful delivery of the project
- Assist with the creation of bids and proposals
- Assist with the creation and maintenance of the project schedule; generate, maintain and monitor the progress of work packages; establish the schedule impact of work being complete/not complete against project milestones
- Support with updating budgetary information; updating resource information and validating the derived resource profiles
- Provide assistance for the provision of governance and support on project schedule generation, structuring and reporting
- Administer and maintain the project risk and opportunity register
- Provide support in performance measurement and variance reporting
- Provide assistance to the nominated Project Manager and their team for the extraction and coordination of data for reporting or analysis purposes
Skills, qualifications and experience:
You will be on track to or have achieved a bachelor’s degree in any subject.
To ensure the successful delivery of our projects you would need to enjoy working to tight deadlines, so if you are highly organised, able to prioritise and work flexibly then a career in BPM could be for you! Collaboration is also extremely important, we are looking for people who demonstrate leadership capability but are also able to work as a team with a strong delivery focus. We work in a fast-changing environment so the ability to work proactively and adapt are also important.
Please note that Graduate Development Programme (GDP) activities take place during the working week but may require the investment of some personal time for travel and follow-up activities. You may have the opportunity to travel to Thales and non-Thales sites throughout the UK when participating in GDP activities.
Closing date: Our applications will close at 11.59pm on Friday 3rd January 2020, this is the only time we will be accepting applications this year. Please note, we will be in contact by the end of January 2020 with details of next steps.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!