We’re inventing the future, right here, right now, at Thales. By combining the curiosity to explore, the intelligence to question and the vision to create, we’re transforming the world around us.
This is an exciting engineering graduate programme designed to create the next generation of aspiring engineering leaders for Thales in the UK. We are looking for people with a passion for engineering combined with an inquisitive mind and an intrinsic interest in people, leadership and success through teamwork. If you are looking for a broad learning experience, Thales will offer you extensive development and challenges, and support you with a unique level of exposure within our business so that you can you can drive your career progression at the rate right for you.
This is a four-year rotational programme, split into two halves:
- For the first two years, you will be rotating across Thales sites around the country, across the different business units experiencing the engineering lifecycle. You will be assigned to a new or existing program where you will work with and be supported by other engineers to design and develop engineering solutions to meet the needs of our customers.
- In the second part of the scheme, you will complete two, one year long placements to allow you to start building and consolidating your knowledge in your chosen area.
During your time on the programme, you will be under the sponsorship and guidance of the Engineering Leadership team.
Flexibility on your location is required for this role. Our main sites are: Crawley, Glasgow, Bristol, Belfast, Reading, Cheadle, London and Templecombe.
You will have gained or be on track to achieve a bachelor’s degree in one of the following subject areas:
- Software, Systems, Electronics, Mechanical or Aeronautical Engineering
- AI, Machine Learning and Cybernetics
- Cyber Security (with systems engineering interest) or wider security
- Computer or Data Science
This programme is a great opportunity to work in one of the world’s leading engineering organisations and develop a long-term career building engineering solutions together, safer, everywhere.
Please note that Graduate Development Programme (GDP) activities take place during the working week but may require the investment of some personal time for travel and follow-up activities. You may have the opportunity to travel to Thales and non-Thales sites throughout the UK when participating in GDP activities.
Closing date: Our applications will close at 11.59pm on Friday 3rd January 2020, this is the only time we will be accepting applications this year. Please note, we will be in contact by the end of January 2020 with details of next steps.
All graduates require full Security Clearance in line with United Kingdom Security Vetting (UKSV) requirements - to gain clearance you will typically need to have been a UK resident for a minimum of five years. As part of this process you will be asked to provide evidence of your identity, eligibility to work in the UK and employment and/or education history.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!