We’re inventing the future, right here, right now, at Thales. By combining the curiosity to explore, the intelligence to question and the vision to create, we’re transforming the world around us.
The Thales UK Sales function is responsible for winning new business for all of Thales UK Businesses. In the past three years the team has won over £3.5 billion of new business for defence and civil markets in the UK and overseas.
The Thales Sales and Business Development Graduate role is an exciting, challenging and high profile role. It includes a mix of customer facing sales and business development activity for both domestic and export sales as well as some back office sales support activity. This will be in the form of rotational placements across our UK sites - the role will also involve overseas travel.
During the past three years Thales has significantly invested in the sales function and we are looking for the very best individuals to join us. We are particularly looking for people who are very ambitious, driven, who like to win, and people who are tenacious and like a challenge.
You will be expected to complete a minimum of two placements across various Thales sites and businesses in the UK so flexibility on your location is required for this role. Our Sales function is based across these main sites; Crawley, Belfast, Reading, London, Glasgow and Templecombe, however your placements could take place at any of our sites in the UK.
- Working with sales managers and capture leaders developing new business and generating potential sales with our customers in both domestic and export markets. This will include working on competitive bids and developing skills in how to determine the value for the customer in the Thales offer
- Analysing and understanding Thales’ strengths and weaknesses against the competition
- Innovating and generating new ideas to address our customer needs
- Developing high quality bid packs to achieve negotiating mandates from Thales senior management
- Producing high quality customer proposals
- As you progress in your role you will have responsibility for developing your own network of customers and stakeholders to grow your pipeline of opportunities
- Sales operations and support – forecasting, analysing, reporting, co-ordinating and supporting bid and peer reviews for both domestic and export opportunities
- Participating and contributing in major customer events and shows, e.g. Farnborough/Paris Air Show and DSEI etc. This will involve meeting and greeting UK and International delegations of customers and demonstrating Thales products to customers
Skills, qualifications and experience:
You will be on track to or have achieved a bachelor’s degree in any subject; However International Business, Economics, Politics or numerical degrees such as Maths or Physics are of particular interest.
You will enjoy socialising and interacting with people, fostering valuable relationships and developing networks with customers and stakeholders in a high energy environment. You will be tenacious and have the motivation to push yourself and your peers to generate new business ideas and solutions and see these through to completion. You will be comfortable taking calculated risks, have the ability to think of innovative ways to progress a sale and be very customer-focused, ensuring the accuracy and quality of information or documentation provided. You will also enjoy travelling, in the UK and internationally.
Please note that Graduate Development Programme (GDP) activities take place during the working week but may require the investment of some personal time for travel and follow-up activities. You may have the opportunity to travel to Thales and non-Thales sites throughout the UK when participating in GDP activities.
Closing date: Our applications will close at 11.59pm on Friday 3rd January 2020, this is the only time we will be accepting applications this year. Please note, we will be in contact by the end of January 2020 with details of next steps.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!