Our two-year Leadership Development programme offers graduates a dynamic route into one of Britain’s most rewarding and toughest professions. Social work is more than just a career choice; it is a leadership profession with a purpose to make a difference in society.
We prioritise hands-on experience through intensive practical and academic training in a local authority children’s services.
Following five weeks of residential teaching, you’ll work directly with children and families, as well as professionals such as the police, courts and schools. You will also study towards fully-funded qualifications. At the end of your first year, you will achieve a Postgraduate Diploma in Social Work and in your second year, you will complete the final 60 credit module of a master’s degree.
Throughout the two years of the programme, you will receive high quality supervision from experienced social workers, academics and professional leadership coaches.
Not only will you help transform the lives of vulnerable children and families, you’ll transform your own. By developing a range of invaluable skills including relationship-building, conflict resolution and leadership, the Frontline programme will strengthen your resilience and find hidden qualities you didn’t even know you had.
Be the difference and apply now
How to apply and person requirements:
Frontline is looking for outstanding individuals who have the potential to become successful social workers and advocate for positive change in society. Our application process has six stages;
- Self-selection - Your application journey will begin with a self-selection exercise that gives you further insight into social work and test your instincts for the profession.
- Registration and online application form – We will assess your ability through competency-based questions on the online application form. We encourage applicants to spend a sufficient amount of time carefully reviewing the competencies (please see competency section below) to tailor their answers to reflect these have been met.
- Online testing - The online test looks for you to demonstrate your ability to use logic and understand information to solve complex problems, whilst assessing how you would handle situations you might encounter as a social worker.
- Video interview - This stage gives you a further opportunity to demonstrate your motivation, leadership and ability to build relationships. You will not speak with anyone directly; you will answer pre-recorded questions from the comfort of your own home at a time that suits you.
- Assessment centre - If you pass the video interview stage, you will be invited to attend our assessment centre. Activities include an interview, group and written task, role play and opportunity to meet with a care leaver. These will run from September 2019 - January 2020.
- Post - offer checks – We must ensure that you meet suitability for working with vulnerable groups and confirm your suitability for Frontline social work training and professional registration. This includes a DBS check and a health declaration.
We’re looking for people to be the difference by becoming children’s social workers and working towards positive change for families. We assess for the following competencies:
- Motivation and Commitment
- Empathy and Relationship Building
- Effective Communication
- Analysis and Adaptability
For further information, please visit the *Competencies page* on the Frontline website.
To be eligible for the programme, you must meet all of the following requirements;
- at least grade C in English Language and Maths at GCSE (or equivalent qualification – higher qualifications will not be accepted in lieu of GCSEs);
- a 2.1 (or equivalent) or higher in an undergraduate honours degree (predicted or obtained)
a 2.2 (or equivalent) in an undergraduate honours degree plus a level 7 (i.e. Master’s degree) qualification (predicted or obtained);
- be eligible to reside and study in the UK for the duration of the programme (including access to public funds for non-EEA applicants);
- competent in spoken and written English
Salary & benefits
- Bespoke Graduate Programme; our unique Leadership Development Programme will equip you with the skills and attributes required to make real change in social work and beyond.
- Earn as you learn; In Year 1, Frontline covers your tuition fees and you receive a tax exempt bursary of up to £20,000 dependent on location. In Year 2 as a newly qualified social worker, you will earn a salary of £25k to £34k depending on your location.
- Qualify as a professional; Qualify as a social worker after your first year and register with Social Work England.
- Work as part of a dynamic team; In the first year of the programme, you’ll work on real life cases in small groups, supported and led by your consultant social worker.
- Study towards fully funded Postgraduate qualifications; At the end of your first year, you will achieve a Postgraduate Diploma in Social Work and in your second year, you will complete the final 60 credit module of a master’s degree.
- Work in partnership with a variety of organisations; You’ll work with a wide range of professionals in health, education, the criminal justice system and beyond to bring about positive change in the lives of vulnerable children and families.
- Join the Frontline Fellowship; Once you have completed the full two years of the programme you will be part of a community of outstanding leaders who are working to pursue wider social justice and change for vulnerable children and families.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!