The ISIS Neutron and Muon Source at the Rutherford Appleton Laboratory provides beams of subatomic particles that are used to study a wide range of different materials in order to answer questions in science and engineering. It is used by scientists from the UK and around the world working in both academia and industry. ISIS actively engages in training its users, providing a variety of face-to-face courses that are internationally renowned. Recently these courses have been supplemented by online learning materials open to users around the world and this role involves creating further materials to cover a wider range of scientific areas.
- Researching, writing, and presenting online exercises, quizzes, and tailoring directed courses based on the principles and applications of neutron and muon experiments.
- Developing supporting materials for training school experiments that show the practical details, the scientific basis for them, and how the data were analysed
- Working with international partners on the online learning platform.
UK Research and Innovation is a new entity that brings together nine partners to create an independent organisation with a strong voice for research and innovation, and a vision to ensure the UK maintains its world-leading position in research and innovation.
The Science and Technology Facilities Council is a world-leading multi-disciplinary science organisation, and our goal is to deliver economic, societal, scientific and international benefits to the UK and its people – and more broadly to the world.
- At university, enrolled on an undergraduate degree course and required or have requested to take a year out of studies to gain experience within industry (S)
- Right to live and work in the UK (S)
- A-Level Physics and/or Chemistry (S)
- Good communication skills (S&I)
- Demonstrate good team working capabilities (S&I)
- The willingness to develop new skills, both technical and non-technical (S&I).
- Undergraduate level understanding of Physics or Chemistry or a related subject (S&I)
- Familiarity with online learning courses (S&I)
- Experience of communicating with specialist and/or non-specialist audiences (S&I)
- Experience of working with web-based content (e.g. Wikis or website creation) (S&I)
- Experience of basic computer programming (S&I)
- Open minded and flexible in relation to the type of work assigned to them (S&I)
- A-Level English/Humanities/Foreign Language (S)
- Problem solving abilities (I)
- Interest in and understanding of how people learn (I).
This role may require occasional travel within the UK and Europe.
Online Learning Content Developer - Industrial Placement - IRC250961
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!