- working with systems that can sustain extreme temperatures
- working with systems producing strong magnetic fields
- interacting with automated motion systems.
UK Research and Innovation is a new entity that brings together nine partners to create an independent organisation with a strong voice for research and innovation, and a vision to ensure the UK maintains its world-leading position in research and innovation.
The Science and Technology Facilities Council is a world-leading multi-disciplinary science organisation, and our goal is to deliver economic, societal, scientific and international benefits to the UK and its people – and more broadly to the world.
- At university, enrolled on an undergraduate degree course and required or have requested to take a year out of studies to gain experience within industry (S)
- Right to live and work in the UK (S)
- Excellent knowledge of modern programming languages such as Java, C++, C# or Python (S&I)
- Some knowledge of Python (S&I)
- Good knowledge of software development methodologies (S&I)
- Familiarity with programming paradigms (S&I)
- Good communication skills (S&I)
- Demonstrate good team working capabilities (S&I)
- The willingness to learn new skills, both technical and non-technical (S&I)
- Open minded and flexible in relation to the type of work assigned to them (S&I).
- Good knowledge of Python (S&I)
- Knowledge of Structured Query Language (S&I)
- Knowledge of OOP techniques (S&I)
- Good knowledge of software design patterns and techniques (S&I).
This role may require travel within the UK and Europe. Additionally, the successful candidate will occasionally be required to work in a radiation controlled area.
Software Developer – ISIS Experiment Controls Group - IRC250870
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!