“Join a culture where the intellectual value of research, collaboration and execution amasses to the shared benefit of our customers and our business”
Who are we?
Thurn Partners connects global investment leaders with unique, business impactful professionals across North America and Europe. Thurn Partners introduces the management teams of hedge funds, trading firms and investment management businesses to the highest calibre talent across investment, research, and technology, to scale, diversify or enhance their business.
Thurn Partners is a young and dynamic, value-driven business, based in the heart of the city of London. We bring together a diverse group of individuals to leverage collective knowledge and outlook. Utilising cutting-edge technology and a data driven, systematic approach, we champion a culture of collaboration, ideas sharing and continuous improvement. Teamwork is at our core, empowering colleagues to thrive, creating a winning mentality where we learn from each other, inspire one another and share in our successes.
If you’re looking for a cookie-cutter career path in an environment where all the ideas flow from the top-down stop reading now. But, if you are one of those people whose strongest motivation comes from within, sees challenges as reason for excitement and not fear, and would rather find your own way and simply not just use what worked before, then this role will be for you.
- Always Think Long Term
- Work as a Team
- Continually Improve
- Be Accountable
What is the role?
Thurn Partners consists of ambitious professionals committed to delivering excellence to our client partners and helping them to meet their business goals.
As a Graduate Search Consultant, you will interact with investment and technology professionals across Europe and North America. Your role is to understand our clients’ briefs and identify professionals with the relevant business experience.
You will need to think laterally and innovatively, conducting research on individuals, companies, and industries to clearly identify the most suitable professionals. You will combine your research with the latest data driven and direct marketing techniques to initiate conversations and bring people to the table. Over time you will foster long-term business relationships with these people.
You will spend significant time meeting with people in person (post-covid), on the phone and via video, assessing whether they possess the skills, experience, and expertise our clients are looking for.
This is a personality and data driven, commercial role with a clear focus on results and business revenue generation. You will be given responsibility and autonomy from day one, with unmatched support from the founding partners and wider team. You will be challenged to continually learn and improve, with a clear and fast career path ahead of you.
What do we look for in you?
There is not a single perfect background, however, possessing the following qualities will help you thrive in our culture:
- Thirst for learning and continuous improvement: the ability to learn from successes and mistakes, and to develop your knowledge and skills constantly.
- Experience having created compelling, well-structured, written content.
- Ability to think and reason under pressure, with strong core composure, resilience, and emotional intelligence.
- A delivery focused mindset: you go above and beyond to deliver on what you have set out, surpassing your expectations.
- Curiosity for business, finance, or technology; ideally evidenced through degree, internships, work experience or interests.
- A creative mindset. Aptitude for problem-solving. A good memory.
- Good analytical skills and attention to detail, whilst not losing sight of the bigger picture.
- Demonstration of business acumen and ability for negotiation.
- Ability to overcome objections and gain favour/build relationships with people you have not interacted with previously.
- Bachelor's degree, with strong academic credentials and noteworthy extracurricular leadership or activities.
- 3-12 months’ prior work experience (including part-time work, internships, or full-time work).
- Exceptional verbal and written English and well-honed communication skills.
What can you expect?
In joining our team, you will:
- Be part of a cohesive group of enthusiastic and like-valued individuals, focused on delivering excellence to our clients.
- Develop and utilise a seriously wide-ranging skill set, including results-oriented research, sales and direct marketing, negotiation and objection handling, commercial acumen, and project management.
- Be involved in searches that influence the course of some of the most respected investment firms in the world.
- Experience a fast-paced, commercial working environment with measurable deliverables and a focus on results.
- Enjoy a very friendly working environment, where we truly care about each other, challenge one another, revel in our wins collectively and learn from our experiences as one.
- Benefit from an honest and open environment, where the focus is on continuous learning and it is ok to fail.
There are many benefits to working with us and we are always looking to improve on our current package to provide our employees with the best working environment and quality of work/life possible. Some of our core, tangible benefits include:
- 25 days holiday (excluding UK bank holidays) + 1 day for every year of service (Up to 30).
- 2 weeks off over Christmas (in addition to above).
- 3 month paid sabbatical after 5 years of service.
- Uncapped annual commission scheme linked directly to your output.
- Company pension contribution.
- Annual free financial planning and advice.
- Regular company-wide social events (lunches / holidays / team building).
- Free breakfast, fruit and snacks.
- Parental leave, including 6 months full-pay/full-benefits maternity and 3 weeks full-pay/full-benefits paternity.
- Potential for travel to meet with international clients (Europe, USA, Asia).
- We are moving into a new, modern office in July, with free barista-made coffee on site, roof terrace with views over the city, free bar and lots of breakout and collaboration space.
The interview process
We have designed our interview process to ensure that we set any new joiners up for success. We want to ensure that we are right for you as much as you are for us. Each process may vary, but our usually format is:
- Phone Interview – A bit about you, a bit about us (15-45 minutes)
- Off-Site Case Study – Gives you a sense for a part of the role and helps us see what you can do (2.5 hours)
- Case Study Debrief Call – Tell us what you thought about the exercise and we will dig into your approach (15-30 minutes)
- Psychometric Assessment – Helps us understand what makes you tick (30 minutes)
- Final Interview – Meet the team. We will get to know you more and you can ask us anything you want (1-3 hours)
Potential start date
- We are targeting a start date of September 2021, however there could be some flexibility.
- Thurn Partners is committed to promoting and progressing a diverse and inclusive workforce. We do not discriminate but embrace and promote individuals’ differences! It is our belief that everyone has the right to a secure and safe working environment fostering learning, progression, and growth.
- Should you require any reasonable adjustments to interview or take employment with us, please let us know at your earliest convenience.
- You must be eligible to live and work in the United Kingdom.
- Contract hours are 08:30-18:00, Monday-Friday. However, since we are an international business with clients overseas, your hours may vary and this should be factored in when joining.
- We are actively following government guidelines in response to COVID-19. We are currently operating a balanced office / remote environment and are committed to ensuring graduates have the best onboarding with Thurn Partners. We are not able to accommodate fully remote graduates, so you must be able to spend some days a week in central London. Your first four weeks will likely be fully on-site.
- Please allow a few days to hear back from us once applying - You will get a response to this application.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!