An overview of the role;
- Deliver an external audit service to a range of clients in a range of sectors.
- Assist managers in the planning and completion of audit work and to lead audit fieldwork on a variety of clients;
- Undertake and seek to achieve the ACA professional qualification.
As a trainee, your typical daily duties will include;
- Checking a client’s financial information, purchase and sales invoices;
- Checking bank balances and bank statements;
- Reviewing client payroll records for accuracy;
- Ensure sound knowledge of a client and its industry by researching background information and useful publications;
- Develop communication skills and build relationships with key stakeholders;
- Utilise audit software;
- Attend client meetings and social activities;
- Develop and apply technical knowledge gained from studies and on the job experience;
- Attend in-house technical training as required;
- The firm provides full support, study leave and tuition costs, for the first attempts at all the exams and assessments that go towards the Level 7 Accountancy Professional Apprenticeship with the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales (ICAEW) qualification. With first time passes, it takes three years to complete your studies. Tuition is given by one of the leading external providers.
- We also provide practical training internally. Immediately on joining us, you receive two weeks of training in accounting, our business language, and in auditing. This lays the foundation for your first year’s practical experience.