South West + 3
If you’re looking to join an organisation that will give you the right opportunities and experience to develop your career, join Tilney Smith and Williamson
Tilney Smith & Williamson is the UK’s leading integrated wealth management and professional services group, looking after the financial affairs of individuals, families, and businesses for more than a century. We offer a wide range of end-to-end services to meet our clients’ needs throughout their life, and at every stage of their business lifecycle.
Our trainee schemes are structured training programmes combining practical experience with technical studies, as well as providing numerous opportunities to increase your skill set with internal courses ranging from personal impact and negotiation skills to time management and delivering presentations.
What will you be doing?
It takes a very impressive skillset and knowledge-base to earn the trust of a private investor. Our aim as an investment service is to understand the needs of our clients and create tailored solutions that enable them to both preserve and grow their wealth. We don’t limit ourselves to one in-house investment style, which means there’s no limit to the insights you can provide.
Our Investment Management teams work with private individuals, charities and institutions to help achieve their financial aspirations. We do this by understanding their requirements, attitude to risk and time-horizons to create and manage the most suitable investment portfolios.
As an Investment Management trainee, you’ll be learning a well-respected profession at a firm with an unparalleled reputation. We’ll teach you how to assess global economic strategies, understand how asset classes are ranked, and select sectors, stocks and funds as you evaluate risk while constructing high-performing portfolios that exceed your clients’ expectations.
As our Trainee your responsibilities will include:
- Assisting partners with regular portfolio reviews
- Undertaking basic analysis of companies
- Attending investment meetings, annual compliance briefing and internal/external seminars
- Drafting client correspondence, e.g. valuation letters and responses to client queries
- Setting up client trades
- Liaising with Investment Settlement Operations and treasure departments on administrative matters, e.g. stock transfers, corporate actions
To be successful in this role, you should meet the following requirements:
- Committed and motivated to study for the Investment Advice Diploma (IAD) and CISI’s Masters in Wealth Management qualifications.
- Must have or be on course for at least a 2:1 honours degree in any discipline
- 112 UCAS points (or equivalent) in your top three A-levels (excluding General Studies)
- GCSE English Language and Maths (or equivalent) at a minimum of grade 5
What training and development will you receive in your first few years?
We believe that hands-on experience is key to creating well-rounded trusted business advisers. As part of our Investment Management team, you'll gain invaluable experience spending time in the investment settlement operations, middle office, compliance, treasury and fund administration departments as well as studying for the Investment Advice Diploma (IAD) and CISI’s Masters in Wealth Management qualifications.
The Tilney Smith & Williamson Group recognises the benefits of a diverse workforce and is committed to treating all colleagues with dignity and respect regardless of race, gender, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion or belief. At Tilney Smith & Williamson we are committed to equal opportunities in all aspects of our work.
Belfast, Bristol, Glasgow, London
South West, Northern Ireland, Glasgow, Greater London