We have an exciting opportunity to recruit a Trainee Lettings Negotiator to join our Lettings team based in Cambridge. This is an excellent opportunity for someone looking to build a career within the residential real estate sector.
As a Trainee Lettings Negotiator, you will assist with the growth and development of the Cambridge branch and will be provided with training and support in order to meet set individual and office targets. As the post holder, you will help to register and manage a list of applicants ensuring that they are regularly contacted and offered new properties. You will also assist with processing any lettings paperwork and ensure that the tenancies are compliant and let in accordance with our Residential Letting Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
We offer a highly competitive salary package which includes a fantastic benefits package including a variety of flexible benefits allowing you to choose those that suit your personal circumstances including purchasing additional leave, health cash plans, cycle to work scheme and so on! In addition, we welcome applications from those seeking flexible or agile working arrangements and can be discussed at the application stage.
- Act as first line response to answer the telephone and deal with enquiries
- Meet and greet all potential clients visiting the office
- Assist other negotiators with applications
- Process applications through referencing, drafting tenancy agreements, completing any pre-move works required including certifications
- Deal with re-routing enquiries for other offices/departments in the building
- Enter applicant details on to the database and arrange viewings when necessary
- Promote available properties to all enquiries to encourage viewings
- Follow up viewings and report back to the vendors for all viewings of the office and use the opportunity to push for additional viewing and market appraisals
- Assist with accompanied viewings as necessary
- Through contact with applicants search for and develop new business opportunities with particular emphasis on increasing volume of second-hand sales
- Back up to other members of staff as required particularly during holiday periods
What will it take to be successful?
To be successful in this role, you’ll have strong customer service skills and a keen interest in the residential lettings sector. You’ll also have excellent written and verbal communication skills, good administrative and organisational skills and the ability to work well under pressure. You’ll be a strong team player with good interpersonal skills, IT literate and comfortable working with databases and relevant software.