£25,000 - £30,000
Are you ready to Take On Merchandising? If you love working with numbers and are enthusiastic about fashion and product, then this is the career for you…
Please note, you can apply now whether you are available now, or whether you are looking to join us once you have graduated.
About the Team:
It's all about collaboration and great teamwork! You will be working alongside our creative Buyers and Designers using data to influence what our NEXT product ranges look like. You will learn to trade those ranges, reacting to what our customers are telling us they love, then working with our global supplier base to get the stock to our customers when they want it.
Alongside this you will be closely managing stock levels in order to maximise sales and minimise our markdown risk, potentialising profitability.
It's fast paced, exciting, challenging and very rewarding!
You will start your 12 - 18 month training programme on one of our ‘Product’ teams - Womenswear, Menswear, Childrenswear, Home or on our Brands team (who work with a portfolio of over 750 brands).
With support from your team, you will learn the skills required to progress within our Merchandising function. Responsibility comes early and you will be looking after millions of pounds worth of stock from day one!
You will receive regular feedback from your Merchandise team who will coach and develop you throughout the scheme, supporting you in reaching your goals.
Once you are ready to take the next step you will be promoted to Assistant Merchandiser!
Day to day you will be...
Negotiating, ordering and managing the intake of stock from suppliers all over the world
Updating our product systems with the correct delivery dates and shipment modes
Reviewing historical and current sales to forecast what stock we need for the future
Attend range building and selection meetings and use your knowledge to influence how future ranges look
- Organised and can manage and prioritise a wide range of tasks
- A great communicator, you will build excellent relationships both internally and externally
- Able to interpret data and see opportunities
- Numerate with a basic understanding of percentages
- Thrive in a fast paced, busy environment
- Approachable and at your best in a team environment
- Driven, decisive and want to make a difference
As part of your application, please include a cover letter detailing the below:
- Why should Next offer you a role as a Trainee Merchandiser?
- What skills and interests do you have that relate to the Trainee Merchandiser role?
- Why are you interested in joining Next?
#graduate #trainee #graduatejob #graduatescheme
You know Next, but did you know we’re a FTSE-100 retail company employing over 35,000 people across the UK and Ireland. We’re the UK’s 2nd largest fashion retailer and for Kidswear we’re the market leader. At the last count we have over 500 stores, plus the Next Online and it’s now possible to buy on-line from over 70 countries around the world! So we’ve gone global!
ABOUT SOME OF OUR BENEFITS
- 25% off a huge selection of Next, Lipsy & Victoria's Secret products
- Company performance based bonus
- Sharesave scheme
- On-site Nursery available; OFSTED outstanding in all areas
- 10% off most partner brands & up to 15% off Branded Beauty
- Early VIP access to sale stock
- Access to fantastic discounts at our Staff Shops
- Subsidised restaurant, coffee shop and juice bar
- Access a 24/7 digital GP and other free health and wellbeing services
- Free on-site parking
Our aim is to support all applicants during the application process and to provide reasonable adjustments when necessary and requested. If you would like to request support with your application due to any health condition, feel free to get in touch with us by calling us on 0116 284 6858 and leave a voicemail.
£25,000 - £30,000
Lecicester (Hybrid working)