£25,000 - £30,000
Classroom-based Initial Teacher Training (ITT) programme based in one of our 57 schools. AET is one of the largest Multi-Academy Trusts nationwide and we are partnered with Ark Teacher Training to deliver our programme.
You'll gain a PGCE (Post-Graduate Certificate of Education) and your Qualified Teacher Status whilst working hands-on in the classroom as a Science Teacher. Immediately having impact, your tutor and coach will support you to build up your independent teaching time during the year.
The programme includes:
- A five day School Orientation Experience - an opportunity to spend time in your school meeting your colleagues and interacting with pupils ahead of September.
- Summer School: all new trainees come together for two weeks in August for an introduction to the programme, our schools and the principles of great teaching. You’ll also cover the essential elements of behaviour management.
- Weekly coaching and mentoring: every week you’ll be observed by your in-school coach, so they can offer you positive feedback and bite-sized improvement targets.
- An allocated trained lead planner who will help you create effective lessons, developing your planning skills and giving you the opportunity to ask detailed subject -knowledge questions.
- Weekly training: in-person/virtual training sessions with your tutors/peers.
The training programme itself is school-based and you will spend half a day every week in a session with your Ark tutor and other trainees from the network.
We will support you to become brilliant educators and in time, leaders within our network - we offer unrivalled career opportunities for professional growth. We're looking for talented people who will have successful careers within the Trust.
£29,000 per annum
Degree dependent: 1st or 2:1 = Scholarship of £29,000, 2:1 or 2:2 = Bursary of £27,000
£25,000 - £30,000
Barnsley, Bristol, Birmingham, Bradford, Essex, Gloucestershire, Hampshire, Isle of Wight, Kent, London; multiple locations, Leeds, Leicestershire, Lincolnshire, Middlesbrough, Milton Keynes, Sheffield, Staffordshire, Surrey, Swindon, Torbay