Law training contract•
£35,000 - £40,000
A full-service law firm with a diverse client base, Winckworth Sherwood prides itself on providing market-leading advice across a broad range of sectors and markets. Delivering a first-class service is key to everything we do.
Our clients range from some of the UK’s largest businesses and institutions, housebuilders, and developers through to investors, professional partnerships, family offices, not for profit organisations and private individuals – all of which benefit from the flexible, practical approach of our lawyers.
Our inclusive and collaborative culture means that diversity is celebrated, and collaboration is key. Our inclusive environment fosters creativity and innovation, empowering you to make meaningful contributions to the legal profession.
About the role:
As a trainee at Winckworth Sherwood, you will have the opportunity to work in four seats across our varied and diverse practice. You will be consistently supported throughout your training contract by your trainee supervisors, and L&D/Recruitment team with training, advice, support and sometimes just the offer of an informal chat over a coffee. Our trainees get involved in real actionable work from the outset, allowing you to get vital exposure to technical legal work, as well as client exposure, either on the phone or in person.
Our training contracts will be based at our London office at the Arbor Building, Blackfriars.
We accept applications from both law and non-law undergraduates and graduates. As a Firm, we have decided to support our trainees with the SQE route and fund students through this via the University of Law. We will also accept the GDL and LPC if you have already started / completed your course.
- You will enjoy the challenge of analytical thinking and possess a keen eye for detail
- You relish the challenge of solving intricate legal puzzles
- You enjoy the process of conducting legal research and unearthing legal precedents
- Thrive on continuous development and enjoy keeping up to date with legal developments
- As an aspiring solicitor, communication is key. Whether it's drafting legal documents, presenting arguments, or liaising with clients, your communication skills are clear, concise, and persuasive
- The modern lawyer needs to be a team player so the role will require that you thrive in a team environment, drawing strength from collective knowledge and fostering positive relationships with colleagues
- The legal world moves fast, and you can keep up! Your ability to manage competing priorities and meet deadlines is a testament to your organizational skills
- Innovative Problem Solver: Challenges excite rather than intimidate you. You approach problems with creativity, finding innovative solutions that set you apart in the legal arena.
£35,000 - £40,000