Join us as a Graduate Transport Planner and be part of something big. Our clients include Local Authorities, the Department for Transport, Highways England, and the private sector. So, you'll work on projects that are shaping a healthier, safer, and smarter future. As one of the team, we'll trust you to work with and help our clients make the right choices to achieve their goals. Tasks will include forecasting, appraising, gathering & analysing data for modelling studies. You'll also get to know the ins-and-outs of transportation policy, requirements, and best practice. As one of the team, we'll trust you to help our clients make the right decisions to best realise their development goals.
Where you could work
Economics and Business Case
We assess all kinds of schemes from new highways and railways to bus rapid transit, HS2 and active travel scheme such as Greenways. You’ll help us advise on everything from project costs and benefits to the best options and new ways to unlock investment.
Strategic Transport & Strategy
We look at everything from policies, infrastructure, public transport services and sustainable travel programmes to funding, governance, and research. Our clients will trust you to provide them with the best strategic advice.
We're the team that brings data and new ideas together. Your role will include modelling transport and people to understand movement and provide our clients with the very best solutions. You'll help us transform the future of transport, using the latest intelligent mobility and mobile phone data to create innovative new transport models.
Cities and Development Planning
We work as part of a multidisciplinary team on flagship regeneration, site expansion and transport planning development projects. You’ll use your transport and development planning skills to create streetscapes, secure planning approval for developers and deliver sustainable and accessible developments.
Rail Planning: We provide a wide range of rail planning and operations services. Your role may include capacity and journey time modelling, network capability assessments, performance advice as well as timetabling and basic vehicle diagramming.
Transport Consultancy and Advisory
Our practice focuses on global multi-modal transport sector strategy consultancy. We solve strategic transport problems and provide innovative solutions by working with executive teams within governments, infrastructure providers, investors, and transport operators worldwide. The work we do helps to implement lasting change within organisations, and across the transport sector.
With dedication to excellence, our team of transport industry specialists work collaboratively to provide solutions from concept to contract spanning transactional, analytical, commercial, and operational expertise. As a trusted partner to our clients, we help them by bringing fresh perspectives and challenging established ideas to ensure that the best solution is identified.
As a Graduate, some of the day-to-day tasks you’ll be involved with include analysis, market research, report writing and creating presentations. You’ll contribute greatly to our work and we’ll empower and develop you with the confidence to be client facing, work on multiple projects simultaneously and solve problems. You’ll have the support of senior members of the team to help you understand the issues, complete relevant analysis, and communicate effectively with stakeholders and clients. We'll trust you to help our clients make the right decisions to best realise their strategic goals and objectives.
You’ll develop within our scheme to understand more about the ins-and-outs of transportation policy. Working on projects that provide advice on business transformation, transactions, rail franchising, rail operations, scheme development and sponsorship, procurement, contracts, investment, and economics you’ll learn everything you need to know to progress in the industry.
We’re not all the same, and that’s our greatest strength. Different views and opinions enhance our ability to provide value-added performance and better services for our clients. That’s why we believe different, makes a difference. Reaching your full potential means being able to bring your whole self to work and being respected for the different opinions, strengths and experience you bring.
Our graduate programme has been designed to give you an insight into the huge variety and the chance to explore where your own skills and interests lie. Through a combination of on-the-job learning and practical skills development within your chosen role, you’ll work on real projects from day one that offer scale and variety collaborating with others and creating meaningful impact on the world around us. You’ll work towards your professional accreditation; whichever path you take, your future starts here.
What you can bring
- A passion for, and understanding of, a consultancy environment
- Enthusiasm to drive your own career development and a motivation to learn
- Be curious in your thinking and apply your technical knowledge to analyse problems and create innovative solutions
- Drive and determination to achieve professional accreditation
- An ability to adapt to the changing world of work, embracing new technology and agile ways of working
- Ability to demonstrate relationship building skills which you’ll use with clients and internal stakeholders
- Confidence to work on your own initiative as well as being part of a multidisciplinary team
Meeting your needs
We aim to promote a workplace which allows our people to perform at their best. So, as well as ensuring you’re rewarded for your efforts, we also have a variety of initiatives in place to create a healthy workplace and support your well-being:
- A settling in payment of £2,500 when you join and a further payment of £2,500 when you achieve chartered status or reach an equivalent stage in your professional development
- 33 days annual leave, including bank holidays. You also have the option to buy an additional 15 days or sell up to 5 days
- Flexible working arrangements
- 2 paid volunteer days per year, to be used with a charity or initiative of your choice
- An assigned graduate buddy upon joining & a collaborative graduate network across all locations
- Support to achieve Chartered status or equivalent with a relevant institution
- A robust career development plan, including a library of core learning modules and on the job technical training
- Annual Graduate Events
- Access to our Employee Assistance Program (EAP) providing you with immediate and confidential help for any work, health or life matters
- Access to all employee networks for social interaction, peer support and personal development, as well as contributing to the development of policies and working practices
- Opportunities to further develop yourself by applying to our Women’s Professional Development Programme and ethnic minority Empowering Programme
How do I apply?
Please click "Apply Now" below to register your details and start your application journey. To find out more and for advice on how to play to your strengths, visit us on Connectr.
As a Disability Confident Employer, we are able to support you to perform at your best at each stage of our recruitment process and can make adjustments to ensure this. So, whether you consider yourself to have a disability or not, or would simply like to know how we can support you better, please contact us.
Remember, our programmes are incredibly popular, and some roles may close early. So, avoid disappointment by getting your application in as soon as possible.