Trilo is a whole new way to pay. We are building a new payments network, combining payments and loyalty in one simple platform. Easy to integrate, and quick to use.
We are redefining payments, businesses get their hard-earned money in minutes for just 0.2%, allowing them to grow faster and better than ever before. While at the same time, they engage with their customers through Trilo, investing cashback instantly in them. You earn 1% cashback instantly whenever you pay with Trilo, both online and offline.
We are circumventing the archaic card rails, cutting out all of the middlemen. Building an entirely new payments ecosystem, putting our users front and centre.
The Trilo payments network is powered by the new UK and EU Open Banking regulations, enabling us to move funds between two parties, clearing within seconds at an ultra-low-cost.
We are based in Vauxhall, London, about 10 mins walk from Vauxhall Underground Station (Victoria line). We also enjoy working from home/anywhere, and encourage discussion on this.
The current phase of Trilo is seeing the building out of 2 React projects: a dashboard and a realtime server rendered web app.
The next phase of Trilo will see the building of another dashboard and another SSR web app.
Shared components are kept in a components library which uses Storybook.
The primary objective of this role is to build the library components and assemble the frontend components for the current phase dashboard and SSR webapp. Designs are created but feedback is encouraged with the design team to help streamline the build.
This would initially be a “hands-on” role; after seed funding you would be helping to identify skill gaps and build a core team of Engineers to help you take ownership of the dashboards and webapps.
The role is initially remote and the CTO and Senior Frontend Developer will both be available to provide guidance. Therefore, you would be working autonomously and have responsibility for any coding implementation decisions, but technical expertise is quickly available.
As an early technical team member, you’ll also be involved in more general activities like operations, high level support, helping / mentoring future Junior technical team members, business and product advice, etc.
- You're a strong communicator, and happy to push boundaries, change the status quo, and drive for new ideas
- Experience with React, Redux, Functional Components
- Knowledge of general web development, the browser environment, and serving resources
- Can comfortably setup and use Typescript
- Implement Jest and write tests
- Has used / aware of Git, Webpack, Linting, AWS Amplify, GraphQL
- Salary up to £60k
- Equity options up to 1%
- Tea, coffee, inclusive snacks, and breakfast in the office
- Work from home when you want
- Your birthday is an extra holiday
- Cycle to work scheme
- Regular team lunches in the office
- 25 days holiday a year, plus bank holidays
And we want to make sure you thrive, so if you have any other suggestions on what we can do, let us know!
What we are looking for in an application
Demonstrable experience with commercial React based websites using a state machine (e.g. Redux), alternatively, publicly accessible advanced side-project React webapps.
Justification of technical choices with previous projects. Blockers you encountered and what you researched and implemented to solve or work around them.
Good online presence, any articles, posts, etc.
- Phone / Video call (30mins) to get to know you and for you to get to know us, ensuring that interests align
- Video (or in-person) in-depth technical discussion with CTO and technical team about your previous projects, design exercise, tangent chats
- Video call (or in-person) chat with our Founder & CEO about business fit and building a better picture and understanding of goals.
Trilo is committed to equality of opportunity for all staff; applications from all individuals are encouraged.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!