Payments are broken, merchants spend a fortune just to receive their money, fraud is rife, and there's little benefit for us whenever we shop.
Why do we still use bits of plastic that were invented before we went to the moon, when every day we use a phone that's more powerful than the computer that took us there?
So, what are we doing? We've building an entire payments network. A new ecosystem. One that has no fees, no plastic. One where a business gets paid in seconds, and you get a Boost every time you shop. No middlemen, no cards, no acquirers. Just you and the merchant. We use Open Banking at our core, and wow have we built a whole world on top! We're connecting businesses and their customers like never before!
We. Want. You.
We're building the future of payments right here. We have ambitious plans to grow Trilo through the UK, into Europe and out into the wider world. Helping consumers and merchants wherever they may be.
This role will be to work with the product and tech team to develop, iterate and finesse our products. We are looking for a product minded Frontend Engineer to join our team. Building and iterating development of our Apps, Dashboard, Docs, and Website. While helping us develop our culture and best practices.
At Trilo we're focused on giving everyone, consumer and merchant alike, the best experience they could dream of. UX and design are always front of mind, we use Figma to build and brainstorm, Storybook to build share and maintain our UIs, and Lucid Charts to map everything out..
From Camel 🐫, our web-app where customers can pay in seconds directly from the browser, while receiving a Boost whenever they shop.
To Donkey 🐴, our Till app so merchants can ring up a payment wherever and whenever they want, all from their phone or tablet, with no hardware needed.
And Zebra 🦓, our merchant dashboard, so they can see everything that's happening in their business. To Gorilla 🦍, our consumer app, so they can see where, what and when they paid with Trilo (and soon send money to their friends in one tap).
There's a lot ahead of us, and we want you!
What You'll Be Doing
- Zebra 🦓and Gorilla 🦍 are our merchants and consumer dashboards. You'll work closely with the team, perfecting and tuning our platform
- Camel 🐫and Donkey 🐴 , our consumer & merchant portals. You'll work with the team to further iterate on these.
- Creating detailed docs for our customers, team, and projects.
- Work closely with the product & engineering team to push the limits of what Trilo is able to do.
- Working closely and learningwith the product team, building for scale and optimising for output
- Conducting code reviews and continuously looking for ways of improving the teams' best practices
- Always looking for ways to optimiseour user facing products and interfaces
- Creating detailed documentationfor projects, our customers and for internal teams
- Using your skills to abstract awaythe complexities of online payments for our merchants
- Developing deep paymentsexpertise in order to make managing payments intuitive
Checkout our tech stack on Stackshare!
- You're not afraid to make mistakes and learn, and build something from the ground up
- A serious passion to learn, and push your boundaries. Stepping out of your comfort zone
- Creating and maintaining well-formatted and concise developer documentation
- Passion for beautiful, well tested code
- Highly motivated self-starter who is passionate about delivering amazing products
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- (Booster) Experience working in a fast-paced environment
- (Booster) Experience building and working with data heavy products
- Equity Options, you'll own part of Trilo!
- 25 days holiday (excl. bank holidays)
- Work from home opportunities
- Tea, coffee, inclusive snacks, and breakfast in the office
- Flexible working, from home or in the office, you choose.
- Your birthday is an extra holiday
- Cycle to work scheme
- Regular team lunches in the office
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!