UK Industrial Placement – Business Support Office
In Commercial Banking (CMB), our global reach and expertise helps approximately 1.3 million customers to thrive and grow, ranging from small enterprises focused on their domestic market to large companies operating internationally. Through our relationship managers and digital capabilities, we provide our customers with cross-border trade and treasure services, help them become more sustainable and enable access to products and services offered by other parts of the HSBC Group. We connect entrepreneurial businesses to opportunities by meeting their day-to-day financial needs, supporting them with working capital, term loans and acquisition or project finance as well as providing the digital tools to help them manage their finances efficiently. We value difference, we succeed together, we take responsibility and we get things done.
Wealth and Personal Banking
In Wealth and Personal Banking (WPB), we help customers across the world with the management of their day-to-day finances and savings. Wealth and Personal Banking supports individuals, families, business owners, investors and entrepreneurs. We provide products and services that include current accounts, credit cards, personal loans and mortgages, as well as savings, investments, insurance and wealth management. We support customers through our branch network, self-service terminals, telephone service centres, and internet and mobile banking. We value difference, we succeed together, we take responsibility and we get things done.
On our competitively-paid Industrial Placement, you will complete a 12-month placement located in one of our offices in Birmingham, Chester or Leeds (subject to business requirements) within a strategic priority role within HSBC UK. You will learn how we serve our customers and the importance of understanding their needs to achieve our ambition – to be the preferred international financial partner for our clients.
What you will do:
As a Business Support Officer, you will support the management and execution of the strategic priorities of HSBC UK. You will gain exposure across our business to build your knowledge of how we work collaboratively to achieve our purpose – opening up a world of opportunity, and understand how you can contribute to this and make a positive impact.
Some of your responsibilities will include:
- Project management to support the deliverables of the team.
- Business support such as minute taking, preparing meeting packs and briefing documents.
- Delivering internal presentations and papers at executive meetings.
- Managing internal stakeholders across the business
You will develop the following skills:
- Commercial awareness
- Interpersonal skills
- Presentation and project management
- Influencing and managing upwards
- Developing a growth mind-set
- Developing resilience
- Business appropriate communication
Who will this role suit?
To be successful in this role, you should meet the following requirements:
- Demonstrate strong communication skills which will enable you to engage in effective conversations and build strong connections
- Be resilient to a continuous changing environment.
- Willingness to learn and take on new opportunities.
- Driven and proactive, taking ownership of your own self-development.
- Ability to bring new ideas and perspectives to the table.
What can this lead to?
If you excel on your Industrial Placement, you could be considered for our UK Graduate Programme. Here, you will not only develop your skills in people management and customer service, but also you will learn new ways of working in our teams, taking a step closer to a professional career within HSBC UK.
- Based on your current results you must be on track to receive a minimum of a 2:1 undergraduate degree classification/ 3.2 GPA or higher or overseas equivalent to this. We review mitigating circumstances on a case-by-case basis.
- You must be in your penultimate-year of your undergraduate degree. Expected Graduation Year 2023.
- The location for this role is UK wide and you will not be able to choose your location therefore, you must be able to commit to being nationally mobile and be available to undertake the travel required for this role.
- You can only apply for one HSBC Programme each year.
- By the time of starting employment, successful candidates must have permission to work in the UK for the entirety of the program.
- You will be fluent in English and be legally permitted to work in the UK