You’ve learned a lot as a student already. Want to put it into practice at PepsiCo?
Our placement programmes are structured to give you the chance to make an impact on some of the world’s biggest brands. From day one, you’ll be working on projects that matter. You’ll shake things up, shape trends, and get guidance and development to help you discover your potential.
We’re home to some of the world’s favourite brands, such as Walkers, Pepsi Max, Quaker, Tropicana, Doritos, Pipers, Naked, Copella, Lipton, Monster Munch and 7UP to name just a few! Our business covers the full product lifecycle from creating new flavours in our labs to dreaming up ad campaigns and delivering packs to stores. There’s plenty in between too.
We build brands we are really proud of and we have a mission to create more smiles with every sip and bite. Here at PepsiCo we think like entrepreneurs. We voice opinions fearlessly. We celebrate diversity and differences. We care about growing sustainably. And we get a lot of free Doritos.
We are looking for enthusiastic undergraduates to join our fast paced, dynamic Commercial team based at our head office in Reading on a 12 month placement programme.
“I was welcomed by the friendly yet hard working and professional environment that is central to PepsiCo’s culture. My work at PepsiCo has filled me with a great sense of pride and they have definitely helped me prepare for my final year at University as well as whatever my future career may hold.”
As a PepsiCo 12-month Intern, you will work within the heart of our Commercial Function. You’ll be given a great introduction to the range of brands that PepsiCo offer, and gain a deep understanding of the wider categories that the products sit in. Our ambition is to provide you with a broad understanding into the day-to-day running of our Commercial function, all culminating in a programme that offers huge variety of difference experiences.
You'll be working within a large matrix team, so you'll need to be motivated, great at building relationships and have a receptiveness to get involved in the vast number of opportunities that will come your way.
What will you be doing?
- Supporting new products to launch successfully into market
- Analysing the performance of our ranges, and drawing insights from wider category dynamics
- Forecasting future product demand, to ensure that our production teams manufacture volumes accordingly
- Support in co-ordinating materials for both internal & external meetings
What are we looking for?
- A student currently in the second year of university studies, where the course includes the option of completing a sandwich placement during the third year following path to a degree level qualification, preferably a Business related degree (Business, Management, Economics, Maths, Marketing etc) or closely related discipline.
- Disruption. An intellectual curiosity and a willingness to challenge accepted ways of doing things
- Passion. For our company, for your development and for sustainability.
- Ambition. Eagerness to learn and grow your career and aspire to be our future leaders.
- Creativity. Bring your new thinking and fresh ideas to our brands.
- You! At PepsiCo we bring ourselves to work and embrace diversity and inclusion. We believe our differences is what makes us special.
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Quick learner who is confident analysing data and shows a curiosity to develop the “so what” from the analysis.
- Someone who can build relationships with multiple stakeholders within the business across Category, Insights, Sales and Marketing departments.
- Motivated and proactive individuals who are great team players
- Full UK driving license
What else do you need to know?
The placement starts in July 2022, and will last for 12 months, with a salary of £21,000
- Vibrant culture
- Development and mentoring
- 25 days annual leave plus 8 days bank holidays
- Discounted PepsiCo products
- Competitive pension scheme
- And a whole lot more…
“The opportunities that PepsiCo have offered me as part of my role have been tremendous. I have been involved in multiple projects and activities on top of my day-to-day role which keeps my placement super exciting. I have met some outstanding and friendly people who I know I will keep in touch with after my placement year. The culture here is so collaborative and supportive that I’m never afraid to ask questions or ask to learn new things.”