At Honda we embrace inclusion in our various policies, so whilst our contracts state that the hours are as required to fulfil the role with a minimum of 35 hours per week, we offer flexibility for when you work. The regular office hours are 08:00 – 16:00 Monday to Thursday with a half hour lunch break & 08:00 – 13:00 on a Friday. However, we offer flexibility of when you work with our daily flex-time start of between 07:00 and 11:00 providing that there is no business requirement.
Whilst there is no contractual right to work from home, the flexibility we offer is that you can request to work from home for a maximum of 50% of the working days in any one month, again providing there is no business requirement to attend the office.
Honda Motor Europe is offering the opportunity to join as the European Digital Undergraduate, responsible for supporting the Automobile New Business department.
This role is part of the Automobile New Business Department which has several functional areas including Digital platform support, digital content publishing, A/B testing and digital platform customer surveys, data management and market sensing for Digital Retail and Connected Services.
Your role will support the department with communication, utilisation and analysis of PAN-European digital platform and Digital Retail activities. You will also help provide an analytical review of the website and digital activities. You may be required depending on the schedule to support with testing connected services. The role includes taking a broad look at automobile activity and gathering of competitor research.
- Support the Connectivity Product Section Manager with connected services testing for new vehicles and new features.
- Collate comparison research of the competitor’s landscape, in particular, their Digital Retail and Connected Services activity.
- Support Digital team for applying ‘best practice’ guidelines for content uploading and publishing of new content.
- Assist Digital team with Pan European content translations through our suppliers to publish on a timely manner supporting the needs of our European branches.
- Support with the creation of regular customer surveys on the Digital platform (European websites) to understand various customer engagements.
- Manage the A/B testing function on the Digital Platform to support improvements to the customer journey.
- Generate regular reports to evaluate the customer’s High Value Behaviour on the digital platform using Google Analytics and other dashboards.
- Assist the Digital Retail and Digital team with any other daily activities.
Qualifications, skills and experience
- Must be an undergraduate, studying a Marketing/Business/Administration based course, looking for a placement as part of their studies.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Strong numeracy and comfortable working with data and systems.
- Attention to detail and have an analytical mindset.
- Ability to prioritise and plan effectively.
- Ability to deal with confidential information.
- Deadline oriented and ability to work under pressure.
- Must be digitally savvy with regards to the use of internet and social media.
- Proficient Microsoft Office experience, especially Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
- Experience with Google Analytics would be preferable.
- Previous digital experience favourable but not necessary.
Interest in cars and automobile industry an advantage but not prerequisite.
Honda is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in the workplace for all employees, temporary workers, contractors, applicants and visitors. Honda also encourages respect for the individual differences and talents of others while making full use of one's own abilities, based on Honda's philosophy of respect for the individual.
At Honda, we value and celebrate diversity and are committed to being a fair, non-discriminatory company that promotes and welcomes the uniqueness and differences of people around the world. We recognise that a diverse workforce allows for different ideas and perspectives, and we encourage everyone to share them. We strive to foster a culture of belonging that is consistent with Honda's core values and lived out in the way we work and respect each other. For us at Honda, diversifying our workforce means increasing its overall strength by providing people with equal opportunities - regardless of personal characteristics or previous careers.
This commitment flows directly from the Honda philosophy and the belief that we are all working towards a common goal. Honda recruits, hires, trains and promotes the most qualified/experienced individuals at all levels without regard to race, origin, religion or belief, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability or any other protected characteristic.