Undergraduate Placement (12 Months) Quantity Surveying
Apply by: 10.12.2021
Are you a university student studying for a Quantity Surveying degree? Our year-out placement provides the opportunity to put the knowledge you have learnt at university into action on a live project!
Starting as an Trainee Quantity Surveyor, you will support the site Commercial function, as part of your longer journey towards Technical (Associate) and Member (Chartered) Surveyor with the Chartrered Institution of Civil Engineering Surveyors or RICS
As an Trainee Quantity Surveyor, your responsibilities will include:
- Supporting the end to end delivery of subcontract packages from tender through to procurement, day to day management and final account
- Supporting the internal and external reporting process
- Supporting the budgeting and forecasting process
- Identifying and supporting the evaluation of change
- Supporting the project risk management strategy
- Cost monitoring
- Communicating effectively at all levels including site management, technical specialists, commercial staff, planners, engineers, supervisory staff operatives, suppliers, third parties and client representatives
Who are we looking for?
- Currently studying towards a degree in Quantity Surveying
- Excellent communication skills
- Driven and self-motivated
- Due to the nature of our business, you may be required to travel and stay away from home
Who are we?
People are at the heart of what we do at BAM. We recognise that creating a diverse and inclusive environment that nurtures our employees and encourages them to bring their best and whole self to work is crucial. We’re on an exciting journey to get us there by recruiting the very best talent to join us regardless of race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or other characteristics.
Be you! Join us today, so we can achieve amazing things together and build a sustainable tomorrow.