Our purpose focuses on how we contribute to society, and how our business decisions can contribute to greater trust and solving important problems. In order to achieve our purpose and deliver a first-class service to our clients, we need first-class support internally. The people who power us – our internal teams – have a vital role to make sure we have all the right resources, services and technology to be the best we can be. Not all of us work directly with external clients. Some of our most talented people choose to harness their skills inside of PwC.
The Talent Engagement team is part of the Student Recruitment team at PwC and we lead on a number of national talent and engagement programmes. Our aim is to build lasting relationships with students at school, college and university, and their educators. We engage with them throughout their studies and support them to make important career decisions and when applying to PwC. Talent Engagement is responsible for the engagement, design and development, recruitment and selection and conversion for all School and College Leaver and undergraduate early identification programmes.
This role will provide support to the team to ensure the smooth running of these programmes. This is a varied role that will enable you to get involved in a variety of aspects of the programmes. You will be part of a friendly and highly motivated team and will get to meet client facing staff throughout your time with us. This role will require regular travel during our busy season from October to March.
What you'll do
- Support recruitment activity for our Flying Start programmes, setting up candidate assessment centres, ensuring events are staffed appropriately, assessing candidates and providing outcomes from the assessment centres
- Set up Talent Engagement vacancies and be responsible for application pipeline management for all Talent
- Engagement programmes, such as our internship programmes and Insight Weeks, with weekly updates to the team.
- Act as a key point of contact for students joining Talent Engagement programmes, such as managing communications and joining instructions
- Supporting the exit process of candidates, following a Talent Engagement programmes, including expenses and transfers on to further programmes, liaising with relevant internal teams
- Maintain various reports relating to attendees of Talent Engagement programmes and producing analysis of this data when required
- To be the point of contact for our stakeholders to ensure all joiner data is accurate and up to date
- Support the wider Student recruitment team, and host some of our virtual Career Focus Days
- Supporting on delivery of Talent Engagement programmes where appropriate
- Support with internal communications to the business
- Support with event logistics, such as sourcing staff and managing registrations
- Collating candidate feedback received from each programme
- Attending schools, campus and virtual events to promote Talent Engagement programmes
These eleven-month placements are for students who need to complete a placement as part of their degree. You’ll work alongside experienced professionals on live and interesting projects. So you’ll get a good insight into working life at PwC.
What you'll gain
By experiencing life inside one of the world’s largest professional services organisations, you’ll have a fantastic opportunity to build and work on your commercial and personal skills. Working alongside specialists, you’ll work on projects to give you the best insight into what we’re about. You’ll have the opportunity to build networks with your colleagues and peer group – factors which will make a real difference when you return for your last year at university.
What you'll need
- To be on course for a 2.1 degree or above in any subject. We determine whether you're on course for a 2.1 based on the grades you achieved in your last completed year of academic study.
- To be a second year undergraduate university student on a four-year degree expecting to do a work placement in your third year.
When to apply
Although there is no application deadline, each year we have only a small number of roles available. We therefore advise applying early, but please be prepared for a short wait in processing your application at each stage of our process while we consider your application alongside others.