South East +1
You’re about to leave university with a lot of skills, a lot of knowledge, and a lot of options. What are you going to do with it all? Our graduate rotation scheme is designed to give you first-hand experience of all aspects of UX. Want to know where you’ll thrive the most? Here’s your chance to learn.
Over four six-month placements, you’ll work in UX teams across the Ocado Technology division, gaining knowledge and insight into UX Research and UX Design.
Here are some of the UX Design and Research placements you could be working in on the scheme:
- E-Commerce & Shopping platform: Putting yourself in the shoes of online grocery shoppers to help design the future of online grocery retail working on native mobile and tablet apps as well as web responsive interfaces.
- Warehouse / Customer Fulfilment Centre Systems: Help design the systems being used to ship thousands of grocery items every day. The team build interfaces for a variety of devices and use cases, focusing on the relation between physical tasks and digital interfaces.
- Logistics, Supply Chain and OSP Now: Planning the journey of goods from the point of origin to the point of consumption and everything in between is a critical part of running the end-to-end operation. The team provides our retailers with innovative logistic planning and stock management tools and interfaces that run the logistics and supply chain operations of the platform.
- Automation and control: We provide user experiences for the engineering interfaces that keep our automated warehouses running smoothly, day in, day out. Our tools help engineers to find and resolve problems quickly and efficiently. Our work with engineers and robotics helps to create the future of warehouse automation.
- Central UX team: Getting involved in a variety of UX Research and UX Design activities to support and empower our teams across Ocado Technology. You’ll be able to get hands-on with UX Research, work with our Design System team and get involved in projects that join the dots across the entire Customer Experience.
What we look for
We need analytical, tenacious and inquisitive people who can create positive outcomes in a challenging, fast-paced environment and who are looking to join a truly innovative, fast-growing, FTSE 100 business.
You have or are expecting a degree, BSc, BA, Masters or equivalent in User Experience Design, Human Computer Interaction Design, Visual Design, Psychology, Computer Science, Graphic Design, Product Design, Digital Media or similar. You’ll also need to demonstrate a passion for a career in UX.
Ocado Technology is putting the world’s retailers online using the cloud, robotics, AI, and IoT. We develop innovative software and systems that power Ocado.com, the world’s largest online-only grocery retailer as well as the global ‘Ocado Smart Platform’. With everything from websites to fully autonomous warehouses that we design in-house, our employees need to be specialists in a wide range of technologies to help drive our business - we’re looking for the next generation of UX specialists and future pioneers!
Our Technology UX Graduate scheme suits high achievers with creative minds, who are keen to grow their visual awareness, UX skills and technical aptitude to help design accessible, user centred solutions that meet commercial goals and deliver an amazing user experience.
We’re a very diverse group of people, with over 50+ UXers (and counting) coming from all horizons with different perspectives, and we run regular community meetings to showcase our work and learn from others. There will be plenty of opportunities to work on a variety of projects with other designers, researchers, product managers and engineering teams.
We advocate a value-led culture to get our teams working at their very best and to help create a collaborative working environment that our people love. Core Principles of Trust, Autonomy, Craftsmanship, Collaboration and Learn Fast help drive our innovative culture.
We’re all about innovation and refusing to accept the status quo, so if you’re keen to push the limits of your learning – and our technology – we want to hear from you!
See what Life at Ocado Group is like and hear from our current Graduates here.
We offer flexibility on your location
Wherever possible, we offer the option to work from almost any location* for up to 30 calendar days a year, giving our teams the flexibility to be closer to family, expand their horizons, or simply have a change of scenery.
Balance and wellbeing are important to us, and taking a break is key. We also want everyone to use all of their annual leave. That’s why we offer you the possibility of attaching up to two weeks of annual leave to your work-from-anywhere, giving you the chance of extending your stay in your chosen destination.
*Conditions apply to where you can work from
We have a hybrid workplace
We embrace a hybrid working pattern because we know flexibility is crucial for our people.
Where the roles allow it, our teams work together in the office, two to three coordinated days a week. The focus is to relate, interact, and collaborate.
For the rest of the week, there is the option to work remotely.
Our application process
We will be processing applications from 1st November onwards, so you may not hear from us until later that week. Don’t worry - we will be in touch with every applicant as soon as possible to let you know the outcome of your application and any next steps. The assessment centre for this role will be held on 26th November 2021 successful candidates will be invited to begin their roles in September 2022.
Hatfield and London
South East, Greater London