Your Opportunity to Define Possible. Our Opportunity to Deliver the Nation’s Security. Together.
Join Northrop Grumman and embark on a journey of innovation that transforms lives today and shapes generations to come. As a pioneer of ground-breaking technology, we've played a pivotal role in technological advancements that define our nation's history. From conquering the skies to lunar exploration, we seek individuals who dare to invent the future, bring bold ideas to life, and thrive on the impossible. At Northrop Grumman, curiosity, diversity of thought, and embracing your authentic self are the drivers of our culture. Join us in this paid, 12-month placement and see for yourself.
As a Verification & Validation (V&V) Intern, you’ll have the chance to tackle all kinds of V&V tasks alongside our experts to ensure our products comply with requirements. It’s a chance to collaborate with a number of multi-disciplined project teams to deliver V&V activities. Reporting to the V&V Team Lead and as a key member of the Marine Defence Engineering team, you will connect with colleagues and learn to:
Support V&V activities for projects – tasks such as:
- Design Estimate compilation,
- Systems/Software integration & acceptance testing,
- Requirements compilation,
- Conduct V&V activities in compliance with approved management plans, using approved methods, competent personnel, effective delivery systems and processes.
What You Bring (essential experience and qualifications):
- Working towards a degree (or equivalent) in Engineering or another STEM subject.
- Systems/equipment test experience.
- Experience using laboratory test tools such as the multi-meter and oscilloscope.
- Motivation and the drive to perform a variety of project functions efficiently and professionally.
- Proficiency in MS office applications (e.g. Word, Excel etc.).
You must be able to achieve SC level security clearance for this role.
Why Join Us:
As an integral part of our team, you'll enjoy a range of benefits, including:
- Flexibility in working arrangements, including hybrid options
- Opportunities for compressed working – have every other Friday off!
- Flexible benefits package
- Travel benefits
- Family-friendly policies
- Holiday buy and sell
- Employee well-being and assistance programmes
- Career Development opportunities for ongoing growth
- For top performers, an offer of a place on our Graduate Programme
For a comprehensive list of benefits, visit our UK careers site.
Inclusion and Diversity:
We are committed to equality and diversity in our workplace, including neurodiverse candidates. Northrop Grumman provides equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants, regardless of protected status.
Ready to Join Us?
Submit your application online. For inquiries, reach out to our Early Careers Team or learn more about our UK careers on our website.
Join Us in Defining the Future of Security
London - New Malden