About the programme
Helping our clients to manage their radioactive and hazardous wastes properly will reduce the potential for adverse effects on the world around, remove significant hazards for plant and animal life, and prevent potential for harm to human health.
Over the course of four years, your work here will have a real impact on making our world safer now and for future generations to come.
You’ll see how applying strategic thinking to multi-disciplinary projects at the outset, can result in innovative solutions to waste prevention and treatment, rather than waste disposal being considered a problem to be managed at the end.
Waste and Environmental Management at Babcock
You will be a key team member on every placement. You might be working with teams to spot opportunities for organising and streamlining resources through a logical approach to process management.
You may be involved with the assessment of options for waste treatment and disposal from nuclear decommissioning projects, which may involve discussions with a range of stakeholders to optimise solutions or develop mitigations for implementation.
You may be looking at environmental enhancement projects to improve the areas around client sites.
The possibilities are many and varied. Whatever you work on, you can be sure you’ll be making a real difference.
What you'll need
- You’ll need a Hons) degree in either Environmental Science/Studies or Chemistry (or a related subject).
- Many of our early careers roles are subject to Security Clearance and Trade Control restrictions which mean that your place of birth, nationality, citizenship, or residency you hold or have held may impact which roles you are eligible for. For our early careers roles, you must be able to achieve BPSS and many of them require you to be eligible for Security Clearance.
What you'll get
We will provide you with a supportive and engaging environment where you can grow your career.
- Minimum 25 days holiday entitlements + bank holidays + agile working* subject to conversation with your manager
- Generous pension and employee share schemes
- Flexible benefits, including cycle to work scheme, discounts
- Employee assistance programme supporting physical, mental and financial wellbeing
- You’ll also have the chance to get involved in our STEM outreach and volunteering activities, which our graduates find incredibly rewarding in all sorts of other ways.
Your career development
It’s hard to beat the variety of fantastic opportunities and business experiences you’ll receive. You can expect real world encounters and exposure to exciting projects that will really help you navigate where you want to take your career.
Plus, when you join us, you’ll be automatically enrolled onto our Graduate Development Programme. Through a series of digital and face to face sessions, presented by wellbeing and performance experts and our external partner Gen Healthy Minds, we will equip you with the knowledge and tools you need to thrive and perform at your very best on your programme and beyond.