Design Management Graduate Management Trainee Programme
At Wates we are proud to be a family-owned business, small enough to recognise and support great talent, yet big enough to challenge and inspire our people through amazing multi-million-pound projects. To us our industry is more than just building, it’s also a chance for us to positively impact the communities where we work and thrive.
This role is available in Cambridge & Leeds
Do you enjoy problem solving? Would you like to work with a range of different people and stakeholders including Architects, Engineers, Consultant Quantity Surveyors and Subcontractors? Then our Quantity Surveying Management Programme may be the pathway for you.
The Design Management team review and analyse complex information to ensure the design of a project incorporates buildability, programme sequence and encourages best practice health and safety.
As a Wates Design Management Trainee, you will be involved in assisting with:
- Ensuring the company manages the process of design to reduce risk and maximize return.
- Maintaining relationships with clients, designers, subcontractors and suppliers, through a fair and professional approach when managing design and related matters
- Safeguarding the contractual position of Wates in respect of such matters as progress of the works, design responsibility and our contractual obligations to sub- contractors regarding design responsibility.
- Provide sound design, progress and dashboard information to your line manager and other functions as well as support in the preparation of reports regarding design consultant performance.
Our Management Trainee Programme
If you’re looking for a programme full of innovation and variety then you’re in the right place. Here are some of the core benefits our Management Trainee Programme
- We support you all the way through to Chartership whether school, college leaver or graduate
- Competitive industry pay
- We’ll rotate you around our business unit, ensuring you get a full breadth experience
- You’ll receive structured development and a combination of technical and behavioural training
- You’ll receive professional mentorship and guidance as well as great exposure to our senior leaders
What we're looking for
- Genuine interest in the business area that you will be working in
- Effective interpersonal and organisation skills
- Motivated to manage and drive own development
- Ability to work within a team and participate in all required activities
- Well-developed communication and influencing skills
- Identify opportunities to improve design approach to project delivery
- Candidates will be required to have a full driving license by September 2020, this will be a condition of offer
This role will close on Sunday 5th January at 11:59pm. Please ensure you apply in enough time before the deadline as applications made past this date will not be considered. Assessment centres will take place in February and March 2020.
If you are interested in joining our Construction business, please apply now.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!