Planning Year Out Management Trainee Programme
At Wates we are proud to be a family-owned business, small enough to recognise and support great talent, yet big enough to challenge and inspire our people through amazing multi-million-pound projects. To us our industry is more than just building, it’s also a chance for us to positively impact the communities where we work and thrive.
This role is available in Sharston
12 months from September 2020.
Do you have strong project management skills? Keen to be involved in mapping the steps that bring our construction projects to life? If so, then our Construction Planner Management Programme may be the pathway for you.
Construction Planners are positioned at the forefront of our construction projects, making sure they are built with the right resources to the correct quality and cost, on time and safely.
As a Wates Planning Trainee, you will be involved in:
- Defining each aspect of a project and choosing the best methods to complete them
- Estimating activity durations and resource requirements
- Defining the work tasks and relationships required to deliver the project
- Creating, maintaining and reviewing construction schedules and plans
- Dealing with external contractors and suppliers to organise the many phases of the construction development
Our Management Trainee Programme
If you’re looking for a programme full of innovation and variety then you’re in the right place. Here are some of the core benefits our Management Trainee Programme
- We support you all the way through to Chartership whether school, college leaver or graduate
- Competitive industry pay
- We’ll rotate you around our business unit, ensuring you get a full breadth experience
- You’ll receive structured development and a combination of technical and behavioural training
- You’ll receive professional mentorship and guidance as well as great exposure to our senior leaders.
What we're looking for
- Genuine interest in the business area that you will be working in
- Ability to communicate with a range of people, including customers, clients and key stakeholders
- Logical approach to problem solving
- Eager to learn with a keen eye for detail
- Candidates will be required to have a full driving license by September 2020, this will be a condition of offe
This role will close on Sunday 5th January at 11:59pm. Please ensure you apply in enough time before the deadline as applications made past this date will not be considered. Assessment centres will take place in February and March 2020.
If you are interested in joining our Construction business, please apply now.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!