Site Management Graduate Trainee Programme
At Wates we are proud to be a family-owned business, small enough to recognise and support great talent, yet big enough to challenge and inspire our people through amazing multi-million-pound projects. To us our industry is more than just building, it’s also a chance for us to positively impact the communities where we work and thrive.
This programme is available within various locations.
Please click on the link below to view the list of roles that we have available:
Are you looking for a role with a mix of being out on site and in the office? Then our Site Management Programme might be the right pathway for you.
Site Managers often find themselves at the heart of our Wates projects. As a Site Management Trainee, you will be involved in the following:
- Promoting and upholding Wates reputation for providing the highest standards of site safety, health and welfare and protection of the environment
- Working with our supply chain and surveyors to protect Wates commercial position and the potential for profit and repeat business
- Developing good working relationships with the client, design team and supply chain by promoting best practice throughout the whole construction process
- Developing an understanding in technical practices and sequences on projects
- Contributing knowledge and skills to the delivery of the project on time, on budget and to the required quality
- Ensuring our subcontractors are delivering at the highest standards
Our Management Trainee Programme
If you’re looking for a programme full of innovation and variety then you’re in the right place. Here are some of the core benefits our Management Trainee Programme
- We support you all the way through to Chartership
- Competitive industry pay
- We’ll rotate you around our business unit, ensuring you get a full breadth experience
- You’ll receive structured development and a combination of technical and behavioural training
- You’ll receive professional mentorship and guidance as well as great exposure to our senior leaders
If your degree is in a non-construction related subject, you will also complete a higher apprenticeship in Construction Management as part of your trainee scheme. This is in addition to the structured on-the-job learning and technical and behavioural training.
What we're looking for
- Genuine interest in the business area that you will be working in
- Ability to communicate with a range of people, including customers, clients and key stakeholders
- Logical approach to problem solving
- Eager to learn with a keen eye for detail
- Candidates will be required to have a full driving license by September 2020, this will be a condition of offer
You will have obtained or be working towards a 2:1 degree in any subject.
This role also requires a Grade 4/C in Maths and English GCSE.
This role will close on Sunday 17th November at 11:59pm. Please ensure you apply in enough time before the deadline as applications made past this date will not be considered. Assessment centres will take place in February and March 2020.
If you are interested in joining our Construction business, please apply now
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!