Student Surveyor Graduate Trainee Programme
SES Engineering Services (SES) is the UK’s pre-eminent design-led Mechanical and Electrical (M&E) provider delivering bespoke, design-led, cost efficient solutions optimised for the whole construction team. We collaborate with our clients to ensure their environments and spaces function just as they need to.
Please click on the URL link to view the different Site Management Graduate Management Trainee Programmes that we offer.
This role is available within various locations. You will need to use the filters that are available on the left-hand side of the webpage to search for roles that may be available within your preferred location.
Do you enjoy working with numbers? Want to manage the finances of multi-million-pound projects? Then our Student Surveyor Programme may be the pathway for you.
The commercial, Quantity Surveying teams within Wates are largely responsible for the contractual and financial management of a project. A combination of law, business and finance skills are used to manage relationships with key stakeholders including clients, designers, subcontractors and suppliers. Our commercial teams play a vital role in the construction of our projects.
As a Student Surveyor, you will be involved in assisting with:
- Procurement and payment of sub-contractors
- Preparing tender and contract documents
- Producing commercial reports
- Ensuring that our projects are financially viable
- Safeguarding our commercial position
Our Student Surveyor Programme
If you’re looking for a programme full of innovation and variety then you’re in the right place. Here are some of the core benefits our Student Surveyor Programme
- We support you all the way through to Chartership whether school, college leaver or graduate
- Competitive industry pay
- We’ll rotate you around our business unit, ensuring you get a full breadth experience
- You’ll receive structured development and a combination of technical and behavioural training
- You’ll receive professional mentorship and guidance as well as great exposure to our senior leader
As well as structured on-the-job learning and technical and behavioural training, you will also complete a higher apprenticeship.
What we're looking for
- Genuine interest in our SES business
- Ability to communicate with a range of people, including customers, clients and key stakeholders
- Logical approach to problem solving
- Eager to learn with a keen eye for detail
- Candidates will be required to have a full driving license by September 2020, this will be a condition of offer
You will have obtained or be working towards a 2:1 degree in any subject.
This role also requires a Grade B in Maths and English GCSE.
This role will close on Sunday 17th November at 11:59pm. Please ensure you apply in enough time before the deadline as applications made past this date will not be considered. Assessment centres will take place in February and March 2020.
If you are interested in joining our SES business, please apply
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!